Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM

19,783 posts, read 18,079,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
lol - so all of a sudden you're persuadable? That'll be the day.

Look, I don't care who you are, when you say crap that is blatantly un-true while proclaiming knowledge - you don't exactly come off as "rational".
With whatever respect I can muster - my daughter is 18yo and you sound like her - sharp, outwardly-witty, and cute but contextually vapid and shrill at the same time.

I'm 50yo and have been wrong across broad topics many times during my life - all that does not mean I am wrong now. Give me specifics or shut up and go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
you were proven wrong two posts up...with data to back it. where's yours?
Take this for the long term; guys like him do not care about hard data points and logic it's all about feelings and conjecture.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
You honestly have no idea what Dallas use to be don't you...

This was Dallas in 1951

Are you genetically predisposed to tangential arguments or might you hold a linear thought for maybe a minute to two?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 PM

235 posts, read 347,235 times
TxDOT is almost as incompetent and as dysfunctional as an average Dallas driver, which is a really bad thing.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
TXDOT is filled with some of the most myopic bureaucrats in existence. Have a traffic problem? Build a freeway/connector/ramp.

The problem with them is that they do everything from an engineering standpoint - "I can build a freeway right here" - with absolutely no regard to long-term effect on the surrounding neighborhood. They are still stuck in the 1950s-1960s way of road-building.
That pretty much summarizes how things are done in Dallas.

Whenever a friend of mine visits Dallas from out of town, they always tell me it feels like they jumped on a time machine and went 30-40 years back. This city needs to come back to 2014 and realize that the old methods don't work anymore.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool1111 View Post
That pretty much summarizes how things are done in Dallas.

Whenever a friend of mine visits Dallas from out of town, they always tell me it feels like they jumped on a time machine and went 30-40 years back. This city needs to come back to 2014 and realize that the old methods don't work anymore.
More to the point you should leave. Everything you have said in other threads about Dallas' drivers is pure nonsense. So forgive me if I don't give your thinking much weight here.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
More to the point you should leave. Everything you have said in other threads about Dallas' drivers is pure nonsense. So forgive me if I don't give your thinking much weight here.
Let me guess, you are one of those horrible Dallas drivers who have no clue how to operate a vehicle. Why else would you be defending them relentlessly? Of course you will defend your kind of people. It's natural.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool1111 View Post
Let me guess, you are one of those horrible Dallas drivers who have no clue how to operate a vehicle. Why else would you be defending them relentlessly? Of course you will defend your kind of people. It's natural.
No, I despise bad/slow drivers and lane cloggers. But I'm with it enough to know that your gibberish about everyone driving 60 or less in the fast lane of the DNT is raw nonsense.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM

297 posts, read 476,229 times
Quote:
Give me specifics or shut up and go away.
Quote:
Take this for the long term; guys like him do not care about hard data points and logic it's all about feelings and conjecture.
Quote:
Are you genetically predisposed to tangential arguments or might you hold a linear thought for maybe a minute to two?
Quote:
Wow. I thought that "I" was a jackass. Someone on here doesn't do anything but talk out of their @ss.

Anyway... That freeway needs to go.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
No, I despise bad/slow drivers and lane cloggers. But I'm with it enough to know that your gibberish about everyone driving 60 or less in the fast lane of the DNT is raw nonsense.
All it takes is 2-3 people to block the lanes to cause everyone to drive at ridiculously low speeds. I didn't say everyone drives slow voluntarily. Some people are forced to drive slow because lanes are invaded and blocked by people like you who are just joyriding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas