Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:46 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times

Advertisements

Well, that is it...I have HAD IT with Time Warner...for the zillionth time my cable is out and the snot-nosed punks at Time Warner are obviously sick of me calling and demanding to get the service that I pay for and the Moderator cut: inappropriate language, mod edit changed to "person" person I talked to tonight pulled a 'tude with me. I am sick of all their empty promises and "It'll be fine from now on"s. It's B.S. and I HAVE HAD IT.

I tried to put in an order for AT&T U-verse online but got an error...dunno why. The newsletter that arrived today from my townhouse's HOA said that dishes are allowed but AT&T U-verse is a better option. I was under the impression that that service was not available to people in "MDU"s, i.e. condos, apartments, and townhouses.

Is there anyone in my situation who uses AT&T U-verse? Did you have any trouble getting the service?

Last edited by da jammer; 12-03-2007 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,035 times
I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Have you talked to your landlord about allowing you to put a dish up? Most landlords don't care usually...

Old 12-02-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Have you talked to your landlord about allowing you to put a dish up? Most landlords don't care usually...
The HOA is a bunch of nazis; they don't like dishes and are trying to push us onto services that don't use dishes, though they haven't specifically prohibited dishes. Yet!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:16 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,035 times
I guess this would be the nightmare of your homeowner's association!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite.pdf (59.5 KB, 284 views)

Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,438,011 times
I live in an apt. and I love U-verse. The service is excellent with great picture quality.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I live in an apt. and I love U-verse. The service is excellent with great picture quality.
Do local channels come with it or do you have to pay extra?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 AM

875 posts, read 1,092,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Well, that is it...I have HAD IT with Time Warner...for the zillionth time my cable is out and the snot-nosed punks at Time Warner are obviously sick of me calling and demanding to get the service that I pay for and the Moderator cut: inappropriate language, mod edit changed to "person" person I talked to tonight pulled a 'tude with me. I am sick of all their empty promises and "It'll be fine from now on"s. It's B.S. and I HAVE HAD IT.

I tried to put in an order for AT&T U-verse online but got an error...dunno why. The newsletter that arrived today from my townhouse's HOA said that dishes are allowed but AT&T U-verse is a better option. I was under the impression that that service was not available to people in "MDU"s, i.e. condos, apartments, and townhouses.

Is there anyone in my situation who uses AT&T U-verse? Did you have any trouble getting the service?
Well that sucks, there's NOTHING worse than cable problems! I'm not familiar with AT&T U-verse.

I have Direct TV and really like it. The dish is small
and could probably be put on the back of your home. From what I hear, they just have to be facing south to get good reception.

Good luck!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:18 AM

I ordered U-verse yesterday, it's going to be installed next Monday. Right now I am only able to pick up maybe 1 out of every 10 channels on my cable.

The stuff that keeps going on with Time Warner is just too long and mentally exhausting to post here. Suffice it to say that I am tired of being jerked around by them.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:08 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:

We have U-Verse and I LOVE it. No problems, always on, and no dish to worry about. It's cheap too. The only complaint that I might have is the switching channels is not as fast as cable or satellite; but I consider that a minor inconvenience. I don't live in an apartment though, I live in a house and it's in the mid-cities area so I couldn't comment on availability in East Dallas.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:
Do local channels come with it or do you have to pay extra?
Local channels come free with Uverse; all of them. Enjoy your new service! Did you get the DVR? I don't know how I lived without a DVR before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: