Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 03:14 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,558,652 times

Advertisements

So, we are all aware that the Dallas/Ft. Worth area is not know for its good air quality.
But, which area has the best air quality, pollution-wise?
I would expect all of north Texas to be high in allergens/pollen. It's hard to get away from those things no matter where you live.
Am I correct in thinking the air current usually moves from north to south, and therefore, areas farther north should have less pollution and better air quality?

And, being that it is so windy here, why isn't the air quality better? I guess I'm comparing to Hawaii, where the trade winds keep the air pretty clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 03:21 PM

577 posts, read 508,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
So, we are all aware that the Dallas/Ft. Worth area is not know for its good air quality.
But, which area has the best air quality, pollution-wise?
I would expect all of north Texas to be high in allergens/pollen. It's hard to get away from those things no matter where you live.
Am I correct in thinking the air current usually moves from north to south, and therefore, areas farther north should have less pollution and better air quality?

And, being that it is so windy here, why isn't the air quality better? I guess I'm comparing to Hawaii, where the trade winds keep the air pretty clean.
The worst air pollution comes in the summer season. Being that the wind is generally from the south/southwest that time of year, I would think the best air quality areas would be southern/southwestern areas of the metroplex.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:04 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,650,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
The worst air pollution comes in the summer season. Being that the wind is generally from the south/southwest that time of year, I would think the best air quality areas would be southern/southwestern areas of the metroplex.
Unfortunately, the exact opposite is true. A lot of DFW's air pollution comes from the cement kilns in Midlothian and Ellis County to the south of the metroplex. And since the summer wind does mostly come from the south, it just brings the pollution with it. Downwinders at Risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas