Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:08 PM

46 posts, read 78,074 times

Advertisements

I looked at overall performance of LEISD and it was significantly lower compared to other districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 09:03 PM

28 posts, read 49,324 times
Your kids could go to the brand new multi million dollar high school they are building at Navo & 380. LEISD and FISD have a lot of the same issues in their schools. LEISD has had lower test scores because traditionally they have not taught to the test like some schools & teachers in Frisco who are required to tutor before and after schools and teach test-taking skills over actual curriculum. Also LEISD has a higher proportion of ESL students. I have subbed in both districts as well as Denton ISD.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:10 PM

718 posts, read 1,388,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windytxmom View Post
Your kids could go to the brand new multi million dollar high school they are building at Navo & 380. LEISD and FISD have a lot of the same issues in their schools. LEISD has had lower test scores because traditionally they have not taught to the test like some schools & teachers in Frisco who are required to tutor before and after schools and teach test-taking skills over actual curriculum. Also LEISD has a higher proportion of ESL students. I have subbed in both districts as well as Denton ISD.
I still have to see test teaching in Frisco with my kids , that may have been the case a long time ago , and Frisco got a bad rap about it once upon a time ,but this is absolutely not true today. The district sticks with the curriculum .

Old 07-27-2014, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,577 times
We are in the same predicament. I love the tribute in LE for many reasons but based on the overall school ratings Frisco seems to be the safe choice. The STEM school has me worried for a few reasons. One being that they don't plan to segregrate by class grade or age. I worry what my kindergartner might witness an 8th grader doing on campus. I also worry that this is a brand new school and it might take a couple of years to work out the kinks before they are really equipped. But there is no denying it has potential to be phenomenal, scholastically.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 AM

559 posts, read 935,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbeachgrl View Post
We are in the same predicament. I love the tribute in LE for many reasons but based on the overall school ratings Frisco seems to be the safe choice. The STEM school has me worried for a few reasons. One being that they don't plan to segregrate by class grade or age. I worry what my kindergartner might witness an 8th grader doing on campus. I also worry that this is a brand new school and it might take a couple of years to work out the kinks before they are really equipped. But there is no denying it has potential to be phenomenal, scholastically.
I have seen some of those Little Elm ISD brand new construction properties and their sales rep. were so pumped up that kids will go to STEM. I agree with other posters that Frisco ISD is a proven school district and you can't go wrong. Definitely you will get bigger lot and sq ft in LISD compare to FISD for the same price. Lot of times people don't realize the possibility of resale value of their home when buying. We don't have kids but I still decided to purchase a home in Frisco ISD.

Definitely there are buyers for LISD, each individual has different priorities and different opinions. Frisco will be another Plano in ~10 years based on the speed at which it has grown in past 5-7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: