Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 AM

65 posts, read 116,878 times

Advertisements

I really like this house, but I do not know the area and will not be visiting until June 1st. Just wondering if anyone knows where this house is and what is wrong that it hasn't sold yet?

1913 Savage Drive
Plano, TX 75023-1758

Moderator cut: realtor website

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 04-21-2014 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Specific real estate websites are not allowed. See TOS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 09:38 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Because there are homes just like that all over Plano, and with a normal sized lot. This home has a .15 acre lot, which is incredibly small for Plano. Average lot size in Plano for that size home is about a quarter acre.

.15 is a pretty tiny lot.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 AM

277 posts, read 678,116 times
Could be priced too high for the area. By the looks of the pictures, I see outdated kitchen appliances, small cabinet uppers, brass hardware, and popcorn ceilings which I personally don't like. But the house is staged well in a nice area and should be a good buy.

Last edited by jcl_cls02; 04-10-2014 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: added additional reasons

Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Goodness gracious, it's only been on the market 13 days.

We are spoiled to multiple offers but 13 DOM is not that much.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:57 AM

65 posts, read 116,878 times
Since homes are usually under contract within days, which is why I'm suspicious! lol

Old 04-10-2014, 12:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Eh...it has some tacky aspects to it, especially that black and gold bathroom. Gross. I don't like it at all, and that's not because I hate newer homes. It's because this one seems to have awkward rooms and an awkward flow. It's not awful though. It'll sell, just give it time. And that backyard IS tiny. I've seen this subdivision before and I noticed a lot of cars parked on the street and a lot of yards badly in need of maintenance. That could also be a factor.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM

13 posts, read 42,850 times
I'm house hunting at the moment and I've learned that many realtors will leave the posts on MLS longer after they are under contract to find new clients. I have and agent but every time I found something on Realtor.com, my agent would call me back and say it was under contract. I contacted these 'agents' listed and yet, they apologized for the home being under contract and asked me if they could find me a new home.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universaldiver View Post
I'm house hunting at the moment and I've learned that many realtors will leave the posts on MLS longer after they are under contract to find new clients. I have and agent but every time I found something on Realtor.com, my agent would call me back and say it was under contract. I contacted these 'agents' listed and yet, they apologized for the home being under contract and asked me if they could find me a new home.
A Home will stay on Realtor.com as long as they are in the "Option Period" which means they are under contract and doing inspections.
After the "OPT" they go "Pending" and should drop off the system.
If you are seeing homes that have been on the market more than 2 days in many areas, they are under contract or they are working multiple offers.

You need to go see a home the day it hits the market.

BTW, Zillow, Trulia and other sites keep homes up for months after they sell. They are really outdated.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:15 AM

382 posts, read 628,487 times
In some cases could be a seller with a relocation package...those take a bit longer to get to contract state.

Good seller agents may change the internal MLS status to "No Showings" as a show of good faith, in the meantime, even though you might still see the property as "Active" on realtor.com or other websites. Your buyer agent can check. Legally, IIRC, the seller agent is required by the relocation agreement to continue it's Active status and bring any new offers forward.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM

382 posts, read 628,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreLeavingLongIsland View Post
I really like this house, but I do not know the area and will not be visiting until June 1st. Just wondering if anyone knows where this house is and what is wrong that it hasn't sold yet?

1913 Savage Drive
Plano, TX 75023-1758

Moderator cut: realtor website
Looks like sale is "Pending" status.

Probably look at schools, crime rate in vicinity, position of house (vis orientation on lot, proximity to traffic, etc), aesthetics (interior and exterior) and cost to make changes to those.

Outside of those things you can research or get an idea about ahead of time, pretty much have to walk the property to find out.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 04-21-2014 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: Removed specific real estate website. TOS violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: