Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,909 times

Advertisements

I read the threads but still need info for a decent apt. Need 2 bedroom and my budget is about $800-$900. My daughter is biracial (asian n white) From the look of my research that kind of budget is almost non existence. recommend for me apt within my budget, either plano, Irving or Frisco. I will go with good school and a cheaper apt. Thank you so much for the repy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,470,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossr View Post
I read the threads but still need info for a decent apt. Need 2 bedroom and my budget is about $800-$900. My daughter is biracial (asian n white) From the look of my research that kind of budget is almost non existence. recommend for me apt within my budget, either plano, Irving or Frisco. I will go with good school and a cheaper apt. Thank you so much for the repy.
I had an ex that lived close to these, but I haven't been around there in years. Here's the link:

Garden Gate

A lot of the older(80's-90's) garden style apartments in East Plano have income based units.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 AM

482 posts, read 942,407 times
Irving (excluding Valley Ranch and Las Colinas) is your best bet. Try MacArthur Blvd heading toward the airport, but not too close. Her race is a non-issue. Schools are not great however. But if the move there is temporary, then a year in Irving schools will be okay. Grand Prarie and Arlington are much cheaper than Dallas and Frisco, Plano and Irving.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 AM

45 posts, read 70,475 times
Irving in the McArthur area might be Carrollton schools, which are pretty good. Actually, Carrollton might not be a bad place to look for an apartment in that price range. It's been years since I've even looked at apartments, so I'm not sure what the rents are like now. They used to be quite affordable in Carrollton. Eastern Plano and then parts of west Plano near Tollway and Frankford area were more affordable. You might also look in the area near George Push and Plano Parkway/Midway. There are a lot of apartments there. Frisco has more high-end apartments. The most affordable ones when I used to do apartments were near Stonebrook, just a mile or so east of the Tollway.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM

559 posts, read 929,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossr View Post
Living in Irving with a budget of $800 to $900 for 2 beds will give a you higher crime rate communities and unsafe neighborhood. I think for $1000 you can get a smaller to mid size 2 beds in a decent community with good schools.

South of MacArthur Blvd (heading south from Four Seasons Resort) is pretty old and not very safe. You just drive around this area and you will get a feel of it. I personally don't recommend my family or friends to rent an apartment in any communities located on Belt Line Road as well.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas