Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM

5 posts, read 7,447 times

Advertisements

What are the good places to buy good quality furniture both for outdoors and indoors ( bed frames,dressers,leather recliners) in and around Plano? Is it sensible to buy second hand bedroom suites,dining sets etc? How do you put a price to it? Are there any good antique stores in Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,755 times
Dallas question in Houston forum...

I did buy my first apartment furniture when I worked in Carrollton at some kind of overstock warehouse in Dallas off of 635. No idea where or what its called, but the googler may be able to help you there.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalash View Post
What are the good places to buy good quality furniture both for outdoors and indoors ( bed frames,dressers,leather recliners) in and around Plano? Is it sensible to buy second hand bedroom suites,dining sets etc? How do you put a price to it? Are there any good antique stores in Dallas?
A great place to buy lightly used high end furniture in Plano is the consigneree. Its located in Lakeside shopping area off Preston just north of Parker. Great high end quality at a discount. Another location is the consignment store which is similar and larger, its located on Belt Line just West of Preston before you get to the NDT.

I have had great experience at both

Old 05-08-2014, 11:30 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
I really like Furniture Buy Consignment. They have stores all over DFW, but I like the Frisco and Lewisville stores the best.

I found a master bedroom set - top quality brand, paid 1/10th of what a new high-quality set would cost.

Furniture Buy Consignment

There also are some fun antique and consignment shops in the Design District on Riverfront Blvd (Again & Again is one). IMO, these shops are fun for browsing, but pricey.

For new furniture, the standbys are Weirs and Stacy Furniture - typical stores with a variety of stock, and sales reps that hound you.

Have you tried internet shops like Wayfair.com or Overstock.com?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: