Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM

384 posts, read 1,413,043 times

Advertisements

im totally confused on where to find the cool happening spots in dallas.

other then of course...deep ellum (albeit the dallas money makers really fudged this one up and took away the most vibrant scene in dallas), lower greenville and exposition street.

ive been hearing about a few others but i cant locate um or do i have any luck finding them... so help me out....

1) where is Oak Lawn/the Cedar Springs strip located

2) where is Cedars/South Lamar

3) bishop arts district? is this one? not sure whats the deal hear... i keep hearing about the oswald bar.. the absinthe lounge...and warehouses reconverted into lofts by artists and such.

anything else? NO WEST END. t

Last edited by jabbit; 12-11-2007 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM

686 posts, read 2,435,868 times
The Cedar Springs strip is located on Cedar Springs, right off of Oak Lawn.
Another good and fun bar in that area is The Grapevine, which is on Maple, just north of Oak Lawn.

The Absinthe Lounge is located on South Lamar, which is just south of downtown. Actually, it is located at the bottom of South Side on Lamar (lofts), directly across from the Dallas police headquarters. I'm not sure what else is in that area, other than the Palladium Ballroom.

~:: Absinthe Lounge ::~

Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM

384 posts, read 1,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
The Cedar Springs strip is located on Cedar Springs, right off of Oak Lawn.
Another good and fun bar in that area is The Grapevine, which is on Maple, just north of Oak Lawn.
::~[/url]

thnx.
from deep ellum how do i get there? i cant find it on a map. its a funny thing.

i think im looking for the mapt to have this cartoon guy with a funny hat and a weird face pointing me directly to the cool spots in dallas and in one he has a blurb bubble saying "here is oak lawn and here is that strip you dummy".

that would be nice.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 PM

686 posts, read 2,435,868 times
One way to get to Oak Lawn from Deep Ellum would be take Lemmon off of 75 (north) and then turn left and take it to Oak Lawn and then turn left till you get to Cedar Springs then make a right. There are other ways, but this would help you locate it on a map.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Happening spot in Oak Lawn.......STATION 4, ROUND UP, JRS, TMC, SUE ELLENS....and their all in the same block. Cant much better than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas