Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 PM

36 posts, read 51,542 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the painters or company that can do the good jobs with reasonable price. We got quoted $2700 for six boxes. Sounds too expensive for that. Anyone can recommend good painter or company?
Does Home Depot or Lowes offer cabinet painting service? Appreciate for any recommendation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 07:02 PM

477 posts, read 1,051,343 times
Wow, that does sound expensive for only six cabinets. Hell for that price or maybe a little more, you could probably just buy 6 new cabinets

Old 05-22-2014, 08:53 PM

I feel like it is a rip off!
The current cabinets is just little old, just need a fresh paint should be fine.
I don't want to spend much money to replace them.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
From what I have read most people who used the contractor services offered through Lowe's or HD were disappointed--
and the company won't act as the referee if there are issues--meaning you deal directly with the people doing the work
see if someone you know uses Angie's List
I have found good workmen there but it takes time to do the research

you can also check the website Houzz--
you have to join to send emails from that site but you can search the Dallas area for various types of home construction/decoration companies

You can also read up on DIY painting kitchen cabinets and save yourself some money--
labor is always the most expensive part of job like this...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
From what I have read most people who used the contractor services offered through Lowe's or HD were disappointed--
and the company won't act as the referee if there are issues--meaning you deal directly with the people doing the work
see if someone you know uses Angie's List
I have found good workmen there but it takes time to do the research

you can also check the website Houzz--
you have to join to send emails from that site but you can search the Dallas area for various types of home construction/decoration companies

You can also read up on DIY painting kitchen cabinets and save yourself some money--
labor is always the most expensive part of job like this...
It takes skill to get a really good finish on wood with oil-based paint, though. I'm very good with painting but I would leave this job to a professional. A GOOD professional.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:48 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
I know it is not easy==maybe that is why the bid was what the OP felt was extravagant
We are paying about 500 more and getting the exterior of our two story 4100 sq ft house painted--including a 20 ft run of wood fence along the driveway and all gutters/downspouts

I think the price was probably double what is reasonable--
but haven't seen the job

Old 05-23-2014, 06:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I know it is not easy==maybe that is why the bid was what the OP felt was extravagant
We are paying about 500 more and getting the exterior of our two story 4100 sq ft house painted--including a 20 ft run of wood fence along the driveway and all gutters/downspouts

I think the price was probably double what is reasonable--
but haven't seen the job
I thought the price the OP quoted was outrageous. I paid less than half that to have every door in my house painted five years ago, including shuttered doors which are a lot more work, and two pocket doors.

I think the OP should get more quotes!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 AM

24 posts, read 28,566 times
I actually painted my own using Annie Sloan chalk paint. It doesn't need a primer and I painted them in place. I finished up with several coats of matte poly.

I thought it would just be for a couple of years until I was ready to completely replace, but I love them, so they'll be there for a while.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:49 PM

213 posts, read 314,932 times
I got a quote from Carnival for $2400 for my whole kitchen (u-shape plus an island), another $300 to do inside the boxes as well.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 PM

Thanks for contributions! The most difficult to do it on my own is to taking off the doors and get them sanded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas