Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 02:33 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,256 times

Advertisements

Hello city data forums readers, I had some questions for those of you in Texas. I am a prophet of THE MOST HIGH, I have a youtube channel, blogtalk, and I am ready and feel lead to go into full-time ministry when I relocate to Texas. I get alot of views there and I just wanted to know about a couple things. First, I am not completely of the traditonal christian beliefs. I talk about secret societies, and alot about history, and various religions. Do you believe the people in the south are ready for something kind of different? do you think they are ready to learn more about the world they live in from a spiritual and natural prospective? Or, do you think most of them are too stuck in their ways to learn some of the hardcore facts? someone from the area please tell me what you think. I'm also considering other states as well. Which cities in Texas do you believe are ready to break away from the same ol, same ol and see how a congregation(church) is really suppose to operate?

Last edited by ministers; 05-24-2014 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 07:16 AM

119 posts, read 247,724 times
Maybe you should post this to the general TX forum and not Dallas, specifically. I have no input, sorry, but you might want to ask more broadly.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:24 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Perhaps you might visit the areas you are considering and attend some alternate Christian churches to do independent research on general readiness for your brand of religion.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I honestly don't think anywhere in Texas would have a lot of people who would be interested. Most Christian groups are Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, some Latter Day Saints, Presbyterians - and all are pretty conservative in this area. There are many other "brands" of religions but they do not label themselves as Christian.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:33 PM

140 posts, read 232,658 times
Dallas Fort Worth is the land of mega churches. Not sure a small cult can compete.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracenat View Post
Maybe you should post this to the general TX forum and not Dallas, specifically. I have no input, sorry, but you might want to ask more broadly.
Ok, thanks.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I honestly don't think anywhere in Texas would have a lot of people who would be interested. Most Christian groups are Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, some Latter Day Saints, Presbyterians - and all are pretty conservative in this area. There are many other "brands" of religions but they do not label themselves as Christian.

My political views are conservative as well. We shall see soon. If not, there's 49 other states. A racist is not saved period. I have a strategy, and I will implement it. Anyone that harbors thoughts like "all blacks are lazy" that's a fool.(I have no interest in that type) Open-minded researchers and those who willing to do research are the ones I will target.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Perhaps you might visit the areas you are considering and attend some alternate Christian churches to do independent research on general readiness for your brand of religion.
Possibly, thanks.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:29 AM

988 posts, read 1,827,413 times
I won't go down the rabbit hole of endlessly debating if your philosophy/religious stand is more "right" than hundreds or thousands of years of teaching and study of other more mainstream Christian teachings - that is a never-ending discussion of people talking past one another. However, a few observations:

1) To the more specific question if your philosophy will be accepted here to build a ministry, my experience (which is admittedly limited to being a year in Dallas) would be no. Either you will have the relatively more liberal populace in Dallas that will trend towards non-concern for religion in general, liberal hostility to religion, or you will have the more stereotypical conservative Texan that will lean to mainstream Christian denominations - be it Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc as mentioned previously. Either way, I do not suspect you'll have traction here.

2) Your having many hits in Texas for your Youtube channel doesn't necessarily equate with agreement to your philosophies. It is just as possible the Texans viewing your channel are telling one another how off-the-wall and misinformed your views are rather than agreement to the philosophies. You also are not considering the number of hits relative to size of population. Getting 100 hits from Texas is not the same as getting a 100 hits from Rhode Island.

3) If you are truly being "called to Texas", why do you need validation from a relatively niche website with a limited audience? Either you are being called or not and this audience's thoughts are frankly irrelevant...

Old 05-26-2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCommenter View Post
I won't go down the rabbit hole of endlessly debating if your philosophy/religious stand is more "right" than hundreds or thousands of years of teaching and study of other more mainstream Christian teachings - that is a never-ending discussion of people talking past one another. However, a few observations:

1) To the more specific question if your philosophy will be accepted here to build a ministry, my experience (which is admittedly limited to being a year in Dallas) would be no. Either you will have the relatively more liberal populace in Dallas that will trend towards non-concern for religion in general, liberal hostility to religion, or you will have the more stereotypical conservative Texan that will lean to mainstream Christian denominations - be it Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc as mentioned previously. Either way, I do not suspect you'll have traction here.

2) Your having many hits in Texas for your Youtube channel doesn't necessarily equate with agreement to your philosophies. It is just as possible the Texans viewing your channel are telling one another how off-the-wall and misinformed your views are rather than agreement to the philosophies. You also are not considering the number of hits relative to size of population. Getting 100 hits from Texas is not the same as getting a 100 hits from Rhode Island.

3) If you are truly being "called to Texas", why do you need validation from a relatively niche website with a limited audience? Either you are being called or not and this audience's thoughts are frankly irrelevant...
Thanks for your response, contains some truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas