Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM

23 posts, read 51,059 times

Advertisements

we are moving in about a month from Allen to Indianapolis and we need to hire a company for the moving. we are moving from a house.
Does anyone have any advise? any company that you have worked before with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 PM

307 posts, read 1,094,589 times
Avoid All my Sons.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:31 PM

559 posts, read 931,468 times
When moving from one state to the other...... I would only recommend major movers.

I have used United Vanlines / Mayflower (three times and they are both under same organization) and would definitely recommend. They will come out and give you a free quote which you can compare with others as well. Compare with Ally / Stevens etc other big names. When moving from one state to the other, I prefer to get guaranteed quote (so if actual weight goes above estimated weight in quote, your price still remains the same. If actual is lower than estimated then you will get a refund). Avoid going with online moving companies.

I always got a professional and courteous service with a punctual schedule. (Stuff always got pick up and delivered on a committed date and time).

Old 07-06-2014, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 5,942 times
We really loved ABF Movers - Upack. We hired people on each side (through their website) to pack our pod when we moved from Boston to Carrolton, TX in 2012. They were the most affordable ($2000 less than) their competitors. Three of us went with this company, and were the only ones that had absolutely no problems with the move; the price was exactly as quoted, both movers were efficient on each side, and our stuff arrived exactly as predicted, with nothing broken. Out of all the companies, Grabel was the most expensive and least reliable.

We are trying to find local movers now from Carrollton to Bedford Texas for a move this week, and are struggling to find anyone with affordable prices but good reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sam

Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,708,579 times
I used United and years ago, Mayflower when they were separate, as well as Bekins. Bekins was the least satisfactory but it all arrived in good condition, just took them 2 weeks. United lost some family pieces, never found, took them 6 days (same move as Bekins, in the other direction).

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 PM

40 posts, read 85,189 times
avoid BELLA MOVERS 3 member crew at all cost.

I have used them twice over a period of time. My friend used them once. Here are some of the tactics they use to extend the time on a hourly basis job.

- his leg hits a furniture and takes few mins to cool off. (he doesnt remember, but I do... he used the same tactic on my previous move and as well on my friends move). Shady!!
- use toilets for more than 5 mins... more than once. while the one person is inside, the other person say he has to wait.
- walk out to the front office vending machine to get soda.
- arrange and rearrange the stuff inside the truck . (honestly to tie down mattress ... it took them 10 mins... putting it horizontally and vertically and discussing on which way is the right way)
- worst of all ... before you sign the contract... they go up and down with all the energy. after you sign the hourly contract... its all baby steps.

Not happy at all. If you are publishing a hourly rate and adverstizing as professional movers... dont pull all these tactics. For a first time customer, they may not know. But keep doing the same tactics over and again... its easy to spot. SHADY SHADY SHADY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas