Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:50 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
OMG, you cannot possibly be serious?
Is that the only answer you have? As is, the spur is very dysfunctional. Why so many ramps when the streets they are for are within blocks of each other and can be more safely reached by Caesar Chavez? Why would one sit in traffic in the morning on I-30 west trying to get to Uptown or further up Central when they could cruise up Haskell, Fitzhugh or Carroll and skip all of that? The funny thing is, I-30 is the problem. I-345 is pretty much insignificant in the scheme of those two freeways. I-30 backups cause the traffic on both, which is why I think you wait for the horshoe to finish and you do what you need to with I-30(including trenching it east of downtown). At that point you will know all you need to know about the true intention of Caesar Chavez. They will either rebuild those direct ramps with I-30 or they will just build a classic overpass. My money is on the ramps. Its almost as if TxDOT is preparing the public for the reality of a freeway teardown and low and behold....................their first inner-city business route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I mean please. This is as out there as your blind cheerleading for WWHS. Possible is a big word when other people's livelihoods are on the line.
What is "out there" about the Haskell Boulevard extension? This was all planned out but cancelled due to lack of funds - this road (and the possible trolley expansion) was studied for years then carefully crafted (including an "S Curve" compromise) by several committees over many years. It could be easily resurrected.

If you are going to insult me you might at least do a little research on the topic. Your lack of knowledge on the subject tends to devalue your opinion on this matter.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 07-01-2014 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Took out the chunk about schools

Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 PM

19,782 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
What is "out there" about the Haskell Boulevard extension? This was all planned out but cancelled due to lack of funds - this road (and the possible trolley expansion) was studied for years then carefully crafted (including an "S Curve" compromise) by several committees over many years. It could be easily resurrected.

If you are going to insult me you might at least do a little research on the topic. Your lack of knowledge on the subject tends to devalue your opinion on this matter. That goes for WWHS as well.
Regarding I-345 and nearby streets.....
If your side can com up with either $1.775 billion or produce evidence I-345 can reworked for less and still cover whatever that gap is you guys aren't even ready to have a serious discussion about this topic. Your argument is 100% DOA if the TXDOT estimate is correct.

And you simply cannot move 180,000 cars from I-345 to nearby streets without causing ruinous traffic snarls.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 07-01-2014 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Removed off topic portion. Enough school discussions in other threads

Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
I hope these potential changes do not lengthen my commute through the city to good golf courses in oak cliff!

Old 07-19-2014, 10:05 PM

328 posts, read 471,479 times
Default found this great post on the subject

A/N Blog . Demolishing Dallas’ I-345 To Make Room for Economic Growth

from the article:
"Indeed, at least six other cities have removed their traffic-chugging arteries. The resulting spaces have been reinvented into parks, cultural centers, public transit, and industrial developments."

TEAR IT DOWN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas