Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM

122 posts, read 271,092 times

Advertisements

I was pulled over by a cop while driving my wife's car and given a ticket of Expired Inspection. The sticker expired 61 days. I agree there should be fine but $212 is just too much... Is there a way to get it reduced?
By the way, I have had the car inspected right the same day received the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,479,005 times
Can't you prove that you had it inspected within 10 days of the ticket and get it dismissed with a $10 fee?
That's what I did....although quite a few years ago and in Dallas County. Offenses, etc seem more severe in Collin Co.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,485,120 times
First, go get your car inspected! You don't want more tickets!

Then, go visit or call the assigned court listed on your ticket and ask. I think if it's over 30 days you won't be able to get it dismissed. I got pulled over like 5 years ago in Carrollton, but my sticker was only expired for a week. I got my inspection and it was dismissed. I still had to pay a $30 court fee

Old 07-14-2014, 02:01 PM

262 posts, read 468,629 times
I recently got cited for the same in Allen. My sticker expired in June and I was actually driving to get it inspected on July 2nd and Allen PD stopped and cited me. Luckily, rules are different in Allen. If the expiration is less than 60 days, then I can get it dismissed by paying $20 with the proof of inspection. Looks like Mckinney is different....Check the links out. Looks like you will need to pay the fine, and $20 more to dismiss it.

https://www.mckinneytexas.org/index.aspx?NID=378

https://www.mckinneytexas.org/index.aspx?NID=380

Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Come back and let us know how that turns out.

BTW, the expiration of your inspection/registration is right in front of your face every time you drive your car. With smart phones, you can set up calendar reminders to go off when your inspection/registration is due for renewal.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,442 times
It's the same in Mckinney as Allen (yes, it has happened to me before..whoops!), but you do have to be under the 60 day mark to do the "get it inspected and only pay $20" thing. Sorry, at 61 days you pushed it just a bit too far

Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,625 times
>> BTW, the expiration of your inspection/registration is right in front of your face every time you drive your car. <<

That's going to change next March 2015 Texas is keeping auto inspections but peeling off the stickers | Dallas Morning News

"Texas drivers will enjoy a little better windshield view starting in March 2015 when safety inspections become tied to vehicle registration.
Texas’ inspection sticker — a front-glass fixture for more than half a century — will go away in the process.
The inspection itself is still required. Vehicle owners will have to get one within 90 days before renewing their registration. They will have to provide proof the inspection was passed, just as they now provide proof of insurance.
“It’s actually going to make vehicles safer because they have to have both to get the sticker,” said Lon Craft, director of legislative affairs for the Texas Municipal Police Association, a statewide police officers group."

Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
>> BTW, the expiration of your inspection/registration is right in front of your face every time you drive your car. <<

That's going to change next March 2015 Texas is keeping auto inspections but peeling off the stickers | Dallas Morning News

"Texas drivers will enjoy a little better windshield view starting in March 2015 when safety inspections become tied to vehicle registration.
Texas’ inspection sticker — a front-glass fixture for more than half a century — will go away in the process.
The inspection itself is still required. Vehicle owners will have to get one within 90 days before renewing their registration. They will have to provide proof the inspection was passed, just as they now provide proof of insurance.
“It’s actually going to make vehicles safer because they have to have both to get the sticker,” said Lon Craft, director of legislative affairs for the Texas Municipal Police Association, a statewide police officers group."

Smart phones. Program a reminder on the calendar. I'm sorry, I'm just as human as the next person...but I've never let my registration or inspection sticker be expired for more than a few days.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,572,016 times
Why is the fine too much?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 AM

931 posts, read 2,134,287 times
One of the easiest dismissals is to get car inspected and than go to court. Soon it will not be a problem cause they are going to issue one combo sticker.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas