Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,120 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband received a job offer in Mesquite and am looking for recommendations on schools...we have 2 boys that will be in elementary school...we come from a small school but I know this is hard to find..wanting to stay around a comfortable $250000 to $300000....have been considering Rockwall..Forney..Wylie and Sunnyvale... I would love a hometown feel...Sunnyvale seems like a perfect choice, but looks quite expensive to get into..would any advice..big concern is schools for my kids..
and am clueless on traffic situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM

11,818 posts, read 26,662,098 times
Yes, Sunnyvale is expensive. The city does have excellent schools. I would recommend looking at Rockwall, too.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM

764 posts, read 1,648,537 times
Sunnyvale is a small district - about 100-120 kids per class (but growing). The schools are great - the fine arts program gets just as much attention as the sports programs (probably because we're just that small). The academic focus is good.

They are breaking more ground for housing across the street from the high school on Collins and at Town East and Jobson. I'd contact a realtor familiar with what the price points will be for these new developments. There are a few lots left in Stoney Creek but they start at $320k (beezer) and $350 (Standard pacific). There is little to no "traffic" between Mesquite and Sunnyvale/Forney - US80 can get a little slow, but even at 5:30 it only takes me 15 minutes to get from US80/Collins to the Forney Sports Complex. For less expensive house you would have to look at the older developments of Homestead, Creekside, and the one off Tripp/Jobson (I can't remember what it's called).

Rockwall would be a drive and the commute across I-30 is terrible IMO. I avoid 635 like the plague between I-30 and US75, but many many many folks drive it every day.

Forney is a nice town and definitely in your price range. We live in Sunnyvale, but my kids play all their sports in Forney (Sunnyvale has sports teams, but we play our games in Rockwall, Garland, Mesquite, Forney because we aren't big enough to have our own leagues).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas