Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,901 times

Advertisements

I just moved to McKinney from Indiana. I have lived in Florida, Cincinnati, Hartford, and PA and have never tasted or smelled water like this.
I can't stand it. I smell it in the shower, the ice, my washing machine, my filtered water from my new fridge in the restaurant water and beverages and I just hate it. I am buying gallons of water at a time from Kroger. I feel bad for the environmental issues....but just can't get past the smell of dirt in the water. Why can't something be done?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,441,666 times
Im into keeping saltwater aquariums so water quality is very important to me. My water in Plano is at 225 TDS. I can only use water that is 5 TDS or less for my tank. Right now I buy my water from Fish stores but I plan on using a RODI system that you can buy for about $120 and it makes unlimited amounts of water.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM

18 posts, read 109,683 times
In the last 10 years, I have lived in Plano, North Dallas, Irving, Lewisville and Carrollton. To me, only Plano water tasted bad - so it might be a Collin county thing. All other places the water was perfect.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,068,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuep View Post
I just moved to McKinney from Indiana. I have lived in Florida, Cincinnati, Hartford, and PA and have never tasted or smelled water like this.
I can't stand it. I smell it in the shower, the ice, my washing machine, my filtered water from my new fridge in the restaurant water and beverages and I just hate it. I am buying gallons of water at a time from Kroger. I feel bad for the environmental issues....but just can't get past the smell of dirt in the water. Why can't something be done?????

That's funny. I came from Austin and really thought I was the only was besides my wife who thought the water was really bad. My father in-law came during Christmas and drank some tap water and exclaimed "That is the worst tasting water I've ever had in my life! And I've been face down in a crap infested rice paddy in Vietnam!"

I about spit my coffee out! The water is bad. I have a filter going to a filter going to the water line into the fridge which has...a filter.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:49 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,132,898 times
Many cities in Collin County get their water from North Texas Municipal Water District. And you are correct, it is some of the worst water I have ever tasted and I am from Mexico!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:18 AM

213 posts, read 696,604 times
Just moved into the Richardson/Plano area and after eating at several dining establishments in the area I can confirm that the water here does indeed taste and smell like dirt.

I wouldn't by the BS excuse of algae or whatever they are saying either, as when you filter it it tastes just fine. It seems to me that the city's water supplier needs a new filtration system but they are likely too cheap implement it.

It even makes fountain drinks at restaurants taste like garbage! NASTY!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:16 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,411,120 times
My father bought himself a big bottle of Ozarka water when he was here at the holidays because he says our Brita water is so disgusting.

I drink the filtered water because I am now pretty used to it, but I agree with him that it still tastes pretty bad as filtered water goes.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM

164 posts, read 790,576 times
Sweet! A thread I started a year and a half ago is still going!

Yes, after all this time I still think the water tastes terrible. I did not get a whole house filtration system due to the cost. We bought a fridge that has a water filter and I put a filter on the cold water tap on the kitchen sink.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:46 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,130,593 times
I filter my water, I grew up here but I still think the water tastes bad.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 AM

35 posts, read 125,801 times
i guess living here for 30+ years has made it all fine and dandy for me Although, I do notice a smell in the water at restaurants in garland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas