Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:59 PM

87 posts, read 259,967 times

Advertisements

I live in Mesquite, a suburb of Dallas. I can vouch for the fact that during periods of high heat and little rain, the water tastes and smells so bad that bottled water is a must. You would think that the purification process would take care of the problem, but it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 01:01 AM

200 posts, read 616,108 times
I definitley noticed a taste different..I am a Coca Cola fiend and every time I had a fountain drink, I could taste the difference..

Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,056 times
Default Water in Dallas is DISGUSTING

I totally agree with everyone that says the water in Dallas is disgusting. I live in Portland, OR, but have been to the Dallas area several times for work. It doesn't matter if it's spring, summer, or winter (as it is now). The water smells and tastes disgusting. The only thing I can equate it to is that it tastes like beets, and I detest beets. I thought Portland water was bad, but Dallas - your water takes the cake on the stink factor!!!!!
Makes you wonder what toxic substance is really in it.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,995 times
I am visiting my daughter in McKenny and what is with the water? The official sites says the water is great but does anyone know why it smells and taste so bad? I read this message string looking for a clue but may have missed it.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:43 PM

29 posts, read 68,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcagirl View Post
....The water smells and tastes disgusting. The only thing I can equate it to is that it tastes like beets, and I detest beets. .....
Wow. And I thought I was the only one that finds beets to be revolting.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:14 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben pearson View Post
I am visiting my daughter in McKenny and what is with the water? The official sites says the water is great but does anyone know why it smells and taste so bad? I read this message string looking for a clue but may have missed it.
Here's your answer:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/6800296-post40.html

Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,935 times
I live in Plano and not only does the water taste disgusting:
but during a cold snap I left my faucets on overnight to avoid frozen pipes and I tied washcloths to them, so as to stop the dripping noise. In the am the washcloths were streaked a nasty yellow. What is that disgusting stuff in the water?

Old 01-17-2010, 12:19 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,414,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
I'm not buying the algae blooms excuse anymore. I've been up to our northern suburbs about 4 or 5 times this winter, forgetting each time not to buy a fountain drink at restaurants. duh. Horrible! They taste like mud. As everyone knows, it's been COLD this winter. Summer algae blooms I can understand. I remember one summer here in Dallas proper where the water tasted like what I'm tasting up north. Blech. As of right now, my Dallas tap water is tasting just fine, and compared to the water I've had in Plano and Frisco as of late, it's like the finest of champagne!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,802 times
I too have noticed the horrible taste and smell of the water in Richardson. When I flush the toilet I can smell it! Yesterday morning I turned on the hot water in the bathroom sink and it came out BROWN! I'm trying to get ahold of the city of Richardson water department but no one answers the phone. I tried yesterday at around 8:10AM on my way to work and again today at 1:00PM. Something needs to be done. I plan to bring media attention to the matter. I have a two year old daughter and this water is unacceptable and we should not have to pay for it. I lived in Dallas for 13 years and their water is fine.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 03-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: deleted email address and solicitation

Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfranks View Post
I too have noticed the horrible taste and smell of the water in Richardson. When I flush the toilet I can smell it! Yesterday morning I turned on the hot water in the bathroom sink and it came out BROWN! I'm trying to get ahold of the city of Richardson water department but no one answers the phone. I tried yesterday at around 8:10AM on my way to work and again today at 1:00PM. Something needs to be done. I plan to bring media attention to the matter. I have a two year old daughter and this water is unacceptable and we should not have to pay for it. I lived in Dallas for 13 years and their water is fine.
Yeah, I had brown water today too. Seemed to clear up by this afternoon. Maybe they were replacing a pipe or something.

Dirty water in Richardson is not breaking news and it's not likely to be corrected anytime soon. Get yourself a water filter. PUR works good.

If you are gonna to raise hell, do me a favor. Pour yourself a nice tall glass of brown water and go take a picture of it in front of one of those Superior Water System signs they spend money posting all over town rather than actually fixing the water!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas