U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 AM

22 posts, read 87,433 times

Advertisements

My hubby's job search has narrowed and one opportunity is in Las Colinas. On Realtor.com there are some homes we really like that are very close to hubby's work (3 miles or less). We have no kids at home and would be looking to keep a house long-term.

However, you never know what life brings - so I'm wondering about resale on a house in Las Colinas that is in the Irving ISD (I've checked the maps and confirmed). In searching the forums Irving ISD seems to get negative responses. I'm interested in all opinions including real estate pros that have experience in North Irving.

On another note... What kind of shopping and restaurants are in Las Colinas. We're mostly homebodies but we like go out sometimes. We also love Whole Foods and I'm hoping something like that will be near.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 01:08 AM

4,136 posts, read 13,434,074 times
Las Colinas is a highly desirable location. Resale has never been an issue for homes in the Irving ISD. A part of Las Colinas is in Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD too.

The closest Whole Foods store is about 10 miles from Last Colinas, at Preston and Forest. Shopping is not only our hobby, it is considered a professional sport here, so you won't run out of places to shop at. Lots of department stores such as Kohl's, Home Depot, Target, Stein Mart, countless boutiques and lots more are in Las Colinas. A few malls are close by too. The Galleria, NorthPark, Vista Ridge, Grapevine Mills, Irving Mall etc...

The variety of food is extensive too. From steakhouses, to Indian food, middle eastern Ali Baba is one of my favorites on McCarthur, Thai, Mongolian, Texmex...

So, don't pack any food... just come on down y'all...

Old 12-21-2007, 06:44 PM

455 posts, read 1,873,954 times
Resale values in Las Colinas have never been an issue, even in the IISD. It's the nicest part of the city.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,008 times
Las Colinas is a highly desired area, however Irving is know as hill country and there are specific areas that tend to carry high DOM(days on market) when reselling. I would be careful on areas you choose. Market is Dallas is very unique and specific areas surrounded by both new construction and pre owned are having some depreciation issues.

Last edited by Dallas Texas Relocation; 12-21-2007 at 07:37 PM..

Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,695,281 times
I live in Las Colinas , haha. I got to CFBISD, which really shouldn't hurt you too bad. Pounce now, i've lived here my whole life and can say that when i came it still looked like you lived in the country. Thats gone, this area is skyrocketing in prices. I moved here when the prices in hackberry ere 250k, which is now the price of townhomes.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 AM

5 posts, read 28,942 times
You will find that Las Colinas is a terrific area to live and work. Close to downtown Dallas, and DFW, plenty of great shopping and restaurants. Since things are so spread out, it is not unusual to drive 20 minutes to your favorite location.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:33 AM

4,931 posts, read 2,213,176 times
Well, unless you buy the house and then it is zoned to a different school district (this rarely ever happens), the effect on resale value when you decide to sell it will be similar to the effect on resale value experienced by the person who sells it to you.

In other words, all else being equal, no net effect.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 602 times
I think it has an effect, but not a complete downside. Many residents I know who live in Las Colinas but in Irving ISD did not mind moving into the district because they were already set on private schools. Crazy reading this forum from 2007 and now having a Whole Foods in Las Colinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas