Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 03:41 PM

7 posts, read 7,494 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to somewhere in the vicinity of Lake Hubbard but I'd like an apartment complex with extra garages to rent. Currently I use one for my car and storage and the second one for a motorcycle, jet ski, workbench and storage until I buy a house. Garland, Rowlett, Richardson and Mesquite come to mind first but there may be others. Anybody have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 09:20 AM

Default No apartments with extra garages????????

Still looking for an apartment complex with extra garages for rent.......

Old 09-17-2014, 10:26 AM

5,254 posts, read 6,350,894 times
Have you called any nearby apartment complexes? I lived in multiple complexes around Dallas/Plano etc that had extra garages for rent. It was always high (~$200 per month extra range), so on the north end of town at least, they aren't rare. You should probably look into self-storage garages as well. I had one near Lake Lavon that was only $75 a month, and plenty large for a 20 foot boat. I don't recall the name.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:40 AM

6,711 posts, read 13,930,916 times
There are complexes in both Mesquite and Rockwall that has garages. Like stated those garages are expensive when compared to storage units. If you want a garage unit at the apartment complex I would suggest you contact a apartment locator. Good luck on your search.

Reggie

Old 09-19-2014, 04:22 PM

Overdog & Grainraiser, I did contact an apartment locator but all she did was give me a list of apartments with garages.
Not necessarily those with extras to rent.

I'm in Haltom City currently and my garages are $75.00 each, over and above apartment rent. I use one for my car and dead storage
(a deck built over the hood of the car) and the other garage is set up as a shop (personal use, not business).
I have tools and a table saw in there, a jet ski and a motorcycle. That's kind of my "getaway" spot to work on projects
and vehicle maintenance, etc. So you see why a self-storage unit wouldn't work in my case.
They normally don't have power in them and using them as a shop is generally not allowed.

I think what I was looking for is someone who knows from experience. Like I would have if they asked about
my part of the region. I know of one (Seven Oaks) but availability dates don't always cooperate!

I guess I'll just have to do some cold calling around. That's kind of time-consuming but I think I'll have to do it. Thanks for your responses!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:14 AM

6,711 posts, read 13,930,916 times
All the apt garages I have seen are small single car spaces with not electricity. I have a workshop at home so I know what is required to run one. I all honesty I think you would be better off renting a house than a apartment and two garages. Every apartment garage I have seen are set up for storage and nothing else.

Reggie

Old 09-21-2014, 02:37 PM

Reggie Grainraiser, you're probably right, although right now both of my garages have electricity and it's free, not on my bill, so I can use heat and a/c. As far as what's required, my biggest draw is a table saw and a cutoff saw.

I think I'll look into renting a house though, even if it costs a little more. Right now I'm paying roughly $1,000.00 a month
for a small apartment and two garages. Another plus for renting a house is getting away from that "commercial" atmosphere. The nicest apartment complex is still not as nice as a house with a driveway and a yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas