Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:56 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No..... that is north Dallas...The neck of Dallas' city limits goes all the way to and past George Bush Turnpike. People just have a habit of thinking 635 is the most northern point of Dallas when actually GBT is.
If you're east of DNT, it is. If you're west, it's Addison. People still get them confused. Especially because the rule I just noted only holds true for DNT from 635 to Trinity Mills. Beyond that to GBT, it's Dallas again. Oh, AND the part of Addison that sticks out to the east around Belt Line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 06:58 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,779 times
The problem with south Dallas is crime.

We were leaving Fair Park after attending a musical, had a gun fight breakout right next to my car in the few blocks on a 4 lane street accessing the freeway. Crime has always been an issue. When appraising vacant homes in South Dallas, we would routinely call the police and 2 cars would respond, staying there until we were through.

Now, there is gentrification north of Jefferson, but it is spotty.

With the availability of housing in North and Central Dallas, and with ongoing gentrification in those areas, no demand for housing growth in south Dallas.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
The problem with south Dallas is crime.

We were leaving Fair Park after attending a musical, had a gun fight breakout right next to my car in the few blocks on a 4 lane street accessing the freeway. Crime has always been an issue. When appraising vacant homes in South Dallas, we would routinely call the police and 2 cars would respond, staying there until we were through.

Now, there is gentrification north of Jefferson, but it is spotty.

With the availability of housing in North and Central Dallas, and with ongoing gentrification in those areas, no demand for housing growth in south Dallas.
Oh trust me north dallas has just as much or more crime than the most crime ridden areas in southern Dallas.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:09 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Oh trust me north dallas has just as much or more crime than the most crime ridden areas in southern Dallas.
I agree...

One of the most dangerous areas in Dallas, is off of Park Lane and Ridgecrest Road in North Dallas.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:26 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I agree...

One of the most dangerous areas in Dallas, is off of Park Lane and Ridgecrest Road in North Dallas.
Not true. North Dallas may have a couple of high crime spots, but it is much smaller compared to the overall larger area of South Dallas. There is more crime and the most crime ridden areas of Dallas are mostly south of 30. It's like saying the nicest neighborhoods in Dallas are in the South. Yeah, there are some that are great like Kessler Park, but overall North Dallas just has nicer neighborhoods.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Not true. North Dallas may have a couple of high crime spots, but it is much smaller compared to the overall larger area of South Dallas. There is more crime and the most crime ridden areas of Dallas are mostly south of 30. It's like saying the nicest neighborhoods in Dallas are in the South. Yeah, there are some that are great like Kessler Park, but overall North Dallas just has nicer neighborhoods.
You dont know what you are talking about...you are just playing into stereotypical ideas like people do when they are not from here. You talk as if the whole southern Dallas is just one big crime ridden area and thats far from the truth. ......you dont even live here.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM

23 posts, read 24,994 times
Maybe because there's no "major job areas" in south Dallas. If you want south Dallas to be "urban", move a lot of companies down there and see some progress.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
You dont know what you are talking about...you are just playing into stereotypical ideas like people do when they are not from here. You talk as if the whole southern Dallas is just one big crime ridden area and thats far from the truth. ......you dont even live here.
I didn't say that. All I'm saying is that the most dangerous areas of Dallas, along with a higher number of areas with crime is in South Dallas. Makes sense considering South Dallas is the larger portion of the city in land area, plus other reasons we all know about. I may not live in DFW anymore, but I was there for over seven years (with constant visits back), so I know a thing or two.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowlettEagles View Post
Maybe because there's no "major job areas" in south Dallas. If you want south Dallas to be "urban", move a lot of companies down there and see some progress.
"Port of Dallas"?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Here's the area in North Dallas I'm talking about....

Sixth Place Dallas Makes Progress Toward Goal of Safest Big City - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas