Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 AM

44 posts, read 261,749 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

The wife and are visiting Dallas for four days starting the 4th and will be visiting a lot of different areas in the metroplex. I'll have the laptop and digital camera with me and will try to post pictures each day while I'm there.

Any special requests for pictures? I'll do the best I can to snap as many picture as possible in the different cities we visit. Here are the some of the areas we plan on visiting: Garland, Mesquite, Forney, Red Oak, Cedar Hill a nd maybe some of the northern suburbs (even though the homes are out of our price range). We're also going to drive down Highway 67 towards Glen Rose and Stephenville to visit a family cemetary (Chalk Mountain). The Ft. Worth zoo is also in our plans. Our hotel is near the North Central Expressway and Walnut Hill, so we'll also be able to see a lot of central Dallas.

We'll be sure to include a trip report with a lot of info once we get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
COME ON!!!

Oh, pack the umbrella, it is supposed to rain on Saturday. High of 67. It could be cold or humid. Anyones guess right now. But then they could be totally wrong and it could be a beautiful 70 degrees w/ lots of sunshine.
The leaves are just starting to change colors so by then w/ the cold front that came thru today they should be even better by then. If it is really nice and you have the time, pack you a lunch (or stop somewhere and get something) and go to the Dallas Arboreteum on Garland Rd in Dallas and enjoy the beauty. Take LOTS of film w/ you there. And after you buy a house take the truck and we will find a back gate left open unattended to get some of their beautiful plants for our yards. I can never get mine to grow like that. But then I don't spend the time they do either.

Stop at a book store, office supply store or any convienence store and buy a Dallas Mapsco. This will have EVERY street in all of Dallas County. It will be a worthwhile investment.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:55 AM

44 posts, read 261,749 times
I have a 1 gig memory card for the digital camera, so I can take plenty of cameras. As far as the weather, a high of 67 will be since since it was about 20 degrees here when I got up this morning.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,992 times
If you should pass one of those wonderful BBQ places they all talk about. Snap a picture for me. I want to know what it looks like. I don't remember the name. I am sure someone will tell you. I get hungry everytime someone talks about it.

Have fun and be safe.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 PM

Sonny Bryan's BBQ.

http://www.sonnybryans.com/default.html (broken link)

FYI: Only the original will do. It's the whole atmosphere thing.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:37 PM

Default More Texas BBQ

But if ya have to have some NOW......
okay, I'm getting hungry and that fun size candy bar for the trick or treaters tonight did not fill me.
anyway, you can order some online from one of the BEST in the state, this is it:

http://www.coopersbbq.com/

I've got to go get some lunch.......

Old 10-31-2006, 01:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,426,539 times
The Nextel Cup with be at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend, so let me know if you it seems really busy. We are flying out next Monday, so we will see ya in passing!!

Have a good stay!

Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM

This weekend Interstate 30 between Dallas and Ft Worth will be CLOSED!!!! Avoid that area completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas