Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 07:00 AM

187 posts, read 194,255 times

Advertisements

The CDC has been attempting to qualm fears by stating that one can only be exposed to the Ebola virus by coming in contact with bodily fluids like blood, diarrhea, phlegm vomit and sweat.

This gentlemen who is now in quarantine vomited, and quite profusely from what I have read right outside the apartment prior to going to the hospital.

OK CDC now we have a vector for the transmission of the virus that was not in the control of medical authorities.
This is a very dangerous thing. I cannot emphasize how incredibly dangerous that vomit was.

Does anyone know who if anyone cleaned that up? If they did is that person now in quarantine?

I'm a very rational person but this is really REALLY not good.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:13 AM

2,185 posts, read 6,416,451 times
If you were planning to go to the State Fair would you not go any longer? What to do, what to do?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:19 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,048,880 times
80 people now reported to have been in contact.

https://gma.yahoo.com/ebola-patients...opstories.html

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,755,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
The CDC has been attempting to qualm fears by stating that one can only be exposed to the Ebola virus by coming in contact with bodily fluids like blood, diarrhea, phlegm vomit and sweat.

This gentlemen who is now in quarantine vomited, and quite profusely from what I have read right outside the apartment prior to going to the hospital.

OK CDC now we have a vector for the transmission of the virus that was not in the control of medical authorities.
This is a very dangerous thing. I cannot emphasize how incredibly dangerous that vomit was.

Does anyone know who if anyone cleaned that up? If they did is that person now in quarantine?

I'm a very rational person but this is really REALLY not good.
You are correct on that.
I thought I was the only one who pay attention to this detail
What if some dog licked that thing and went back to their owners and lick him / her all over?
What if a dog stepped on it and continue to snuggle with its owner.
What if the guy who cleaned it just literally sprayed it all over...
The possibility is endless,

This is the article:
Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 AM

44 posts, read 69,907 times
80 now..... tomorrow 500....... then 1500 and so on.

We have canceled our plans for the state fair and the OU Texas game.

Bottom line is they have no idea right now how many people may become infected. It's all guessing games with a 21 day window.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,716,681 times
No one in the Media is asking the obvious question....why didn't he make it clear at the hospital that he lived in a household where people were dying from the virus, or at least say he was aiding someone who died from the virus?

What about when he took the flight? Did he have to answer some questions during the screening process? That was his chance to be honest.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:43 AM

Not bringing politics into this, but this is the first time ever that I start not to trust our officials.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
80 people now reported to have been in contact.

https://gma.yahoo.com/ebola-patients...opstories.html
I was reading the article. This is what Thompson said:

Thompson said he was aware of news reports that Duncan had been vomiting before being admitted to the hospital, but said he was not concerned about the vomiting

WOW really? I thought bodily fluid is the mean of virus transmission?
What the eff? Why are you contradicting yourself?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:46 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,388,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
No one in the Media is asking the obvious question....why didn't he make it clear at the hospital that he lived in a household where people were dying from the virus, or at least say he was aiding someone who died from the virus?

What about when he took the flight? Did he have to answer some questions during the screening process? That was his chance to be honest.
Exactly. This guy KNEW he had a very high chance of coming down with Ebola. He wasn't simply "here from Liberia." He had HIGHTAILED IT HERE FROM LIBERIA AFTER BEING EXPOSED TO EBOLA, WHICH HAD KILLED THE TWO PEOPLE HE SHARED A TAXI WITH PRIOR TO HIM COMING HERE.

That's pertinent information and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the FIRST SET OF MEDICAL PERSONNEL needed to know that.

It also takes a very selfish, horrible person to intentionally expose his girlfriend and her FIVE KIDS to the virus, as well as other family members.

I have less and less sympathy for this guy the more I know. Wait...yeah, I have ZERO sympathy for him at this point.

Wonder what happened to that vomit teeming with Ebola that he left all over the sidewalk at the apartment complex he was staying at? I mean, is it still there? Did someone clean it up? Who?

What a JERK.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,716,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Not bringing politics into this, but this is the first time ever that I start not to trust our officials.
Welcome to the party, just don't go wacko like that nut job Laura Ingram. That being said, I don't trust the CDC or our elected officials when it comes to protecting our citizens over big business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas