Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,424 times

Advertisements

Possible second case.

Possible second Ebola case in Dallas - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

Looks like a relative of the first person

Old 10-01-2014, 11:50 AM

117 posts, read 193,638 times
We have a party at Presby this weekend for all kids that were in the NICU, would you go with your child?
I really want to support the docs/nurses there and see everyone (we spent a month there last year) but how nervous should i be?

I understand how it's spread but I'm concerned about the unknown unknowns, to quote Rumsfeld.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Sorry to perhaps correct you but departure airports simply ask questions, NOTHING else takes place UNLESS the manifestation of virulent disease symptoms are graphically displayed so as to be visible to everyone.

You have been visiting family in Liberia and feel slightly feverish so desire to get yer butt out of Liberia and back to where you will get better treatment; why you just LIE! Cross a border into a neighbouring country or fly to Italy or some such before transiting another flight to the U.S.

C'mon here, it ain't rocket science. There are no trained medical technicians at every ticket and baggage check-in desk of every airlines in these countries who will require you to sit and undergo a medical exam while waiting for your flight home....... YET!

At this present time; I'm more worried about the current spread of the enterovirus causing partial paralysis in our kiddies than I am over this Ebola stuff.
Well, this is according to the CBS article in the original post:

"100 percent of the individuals getting on planes are screened for fever before they get on a plane. And, if they have a fever, they’re pulled out of the line, accessed for Ebola, and don’t fly unless Ebola is ruled out."

I read in another article that they are using scanners to detect fever, not just asking people if they have a fever. But, as proved by the Texas case, that is not foolproof.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:22 PM

182 posts, read 350,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainofjjj View Post
We have a party at Presby this weekend for all kids that were in the NICU, would you go with your child?
I really want to support the docs/nurses there and see everyone (we spent a month there last year) but how nervous should i be?

I understand how it's spread but I'm concerned about the unknown unknowns, to quote Rumsfeld.
It's understandable to feel that way

Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM

237 posts, read 499,349 times
I have as much concern over Ebola as I did for bird flu, swine flu, mad cow disease, SARS, west nile virus... ZERO.
Tinfoil Hat Syndrome, however, is very real and seems to be spreading faster than whatever trendy diseases du jour they come up with next.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
I have as much concern over Ebola as I did for bird flu, swine flu, mad cow disease, SARS, west nile virus... ZERO.
THANK YOU!

This happens every other year. EVERY... OTHER... YEAR.

Have you people not caught on by now?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:31 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
So glad to be away from Ebollas.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:51 PM

263 posts, read 410,804 times
It seems the patient flew from Liberia to Brussels, and from there to DFW.

Is there a direct flight from Liberia or West Africa to Dalls?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This guy OBVIOUSLY wasn't forthcoming about his recent travels, and he didn't mention in the first visit that he'd been to Liberia or that he may have Ebola - and you know good and darn well he had to have suspected it.
not entirely accurate. He did go to the hospital and tell the original staff where he came from but they sent him home with antibiotics and did not call attention to his travel history.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:08 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoDFW View Post
It seems the patient flew from Liberia to Brussels, and from there to DFW.

Is there a direct flight from Liberia or West Africa to Dalls?
There's no direct flight from Liberia to Dallas. He had to have made at least one stop, and perhaps more than one, to get from Monrovia (Liberia's capital) to Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas