Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM

88 posts, read 153,292 times

Advertisements

Any insights in to the new home community announced by K Hovanian ? Their pricing seems to be $40k - $50k less than the Lawler park base pricing.

Independence high school opened this year. Is this a safe bet to buy a home in any of these communities ?

Appreciate any insights in relation to builders, location, lot sizes etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 05:31 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,263 times
Only thing I know is Darling and highland might be slightly better than KHov. KHov base price might be lower but lot premiums may be higher. You have to compare apples to apples because base price doesn't give you the answer. Also, the elementary school is within lawler so easily walkable and lawler park has easy access to the trails and bacchus park.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:15 PM

77 posts, read 133,506 times
Any community when they start the project prices will be little less and once they start selling they increase the price every month/week depending on how hot the market is. LP is on Phase 3 and the prices for this phase is significantly higher as most of the lots are bigger and also have some mature trees. Liberty crossing is a newer community.

Personaly, I don't think there is any significant difference between KHov, Darling & Highland.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:00 PM

718 posts, read 1,388,217 times
I would guess that you will see an increase in Liberty Crossing soon , they just opened. But frankly any of those subdivisions will be fine. All the surrounding schools are very good , Independence is new , but they have transplanted students from Liberty and are attracting the same type of population. It is very convenient at 121 , and not far from 75.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,246,042 times
Liberty Crossing is going to have 94 homes and KHOV already had hundreds of people on their waiting list before they started pre-selling. They are increasing prices by 5K after every 4 homes they sell. This has been an approach they have followed in several communities and it works for them. In other neighborhoods the increase has been 10K to 15K such as Allen.

This neighborhood has a variety of front entry, swing and rear entry homes, catering to everyone.

Corner lots have a premium pricing of 10-15K. There is only 1 lot with a 35K premium but it's HUGE... I imagine it will sell very quickly. Most lots have a 4K-5K premium, around 15 <> have no premium. As of today, they're offering about 10K if the buyer uses their lender. They are also offering $17,500 in structural upgrades and an additional $2500 discretion.

Naima

Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Liberty Crossing is going to have 94 homes and KHOV already had hundreds of people on their waiting list before they started pre-selling. They are increasing prices by 5K after every 4 homes they sell. This has been an approach they have followed in several communities and it works for them. In other neighborhoods the increase has been 10K to 15K such as Allen.

This neighborhood has a variety of front entry, swing and rear entry homes, catering to everyone.

Corner lots have a premium pricing of 10-15K. There is only 1 lot with a 35K premium but it's HUGE... I imagine it will sell very quickly. Most lots have a 4K-5K premium, around 15 <> have no premium. As of today, they're offering about 10K if the buyer uses their lender. They are also offering $17,500 in structural upgrades and an additional $2500 discretion.

Naima

Naima,

Thank you very much for sharing the details on Liberty Crossing.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 AM

206 posts, read 334,783 times
Hello Clonelion,

We were in the same boat as well. We had been procrastinating on Lawler for a while and paid the price eventually, so if you are ready just pull the trigger.

We knew Liberty Crossing was on the horizon so we waited a while but then when we saw the lots, feedback from previous buyers of Khov, Landon, Darling and Highland and the incentive we got for the left over lot for Phase 2 in Lawler was a no brainer. We are building in Phase 2 of Lawler and does not regret a bit.

Initially we did not see Liberty Crossing in person and over the web they and a realtor had been pushing them as treed lots. But when we saw the lots, the trees were only in certain lots and most of the interior lots had been cleaned up and no trees.

Also we compared Richwoods and Lawler. We did not like the size of Richwoods and our current home is Legacy so certainly know what kind of homes Landon builds We liked the cozy feeling of Lawler, both the builders reputation and the location.

The elementary school location was another bonus. Our lot is little over 2 miles, so we get bus from Independence, whereas Liberty Crossing would not get bus for Independence. We have dogs and from Liberty have to cross Independence to use the park.

Another drawback we saw in Liberty is, currently there is no signal light coming out of the community, so if you have to head south in the morning hours, good luck. Whereas Lawler Park has entry from both Independence and Rolater.

Lawler park community has a pool and Liberty not so sure.

Liberty too does not feed Liberty high just like Lawler.

These are the some of the things we compared before we decided on Lawler. But you might find other advantages of Liberty over Lawler so you make the choice.

Good luck

Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 AM

Shrapr.

Thank you very much for sharing your analysis. Helps me greatly with the decision. There is a $ 40K base price difference for similar floor plans & sq. ft ( 296-Highland vs. AldenIII-Khov) between the builders. This is without the detailed understanding of upgrade costs etc.

I am just waiting for my company to approve my relocation so that I can pull the trigger.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:11 PM

446 posts, read 845,019 times
I still don't understand how Highland charges so much of a $/ft premium on their homes. Regardless of community, it was the same...their premium seems disproportionate to any incremental "quality." It's not like Khov, Darling, Drees, etc. are that much worse (not like I'm comparing Highland to Grand).

All this to ask, what is so special about Highland that they charge so much more on the same sq ft homes in many cases? Personally, I didn't like any Highland plans, but wondering about all the Highland hype on this forum and generally (e.g. existing home listings starting out with "blah blah gorgeous Highland home".

Old 10-31-2014, 01:32 PM

206 posts, read 334,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonelion View Post
Shrapr.

Thank you very much for sharing your analysis. Helps me greatly with the decision. There is a $ 40K base price difference for similar floor plans & sq. ft ( 296-Highland vs. AldenIII-Khov) between the builders. This is without the detailed understanding of upgrade costs etc.

I am just waiting for my company to approve my relocation so that I can pull the trigger.

Hello Clonelion,

Have you decided yet? Just curious

Shrapr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: