Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Fair Park (75215) area experience a renaissance in the next 10-20 years?
Yes 17 62.96%
No 5 18.52%
Yes but not that soon. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 12:59 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Another story on the possible high-rise apartment building(s):

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...-in-fair-park/

Old 10-15-2014, 02:14 PM

577 posts, read 457,263 times
It's only a matter of time before it does. I really doubt that story regarding a high rise in Fair Park, but I feel like we'll see activity around the area soon enough. Uptown has proven that living near the urban core works and it works really well. Uptown has now gotten way too expensive and there aren't that many spots left, so naturally developers are going to start looking to other surrounding areas. We are already seeing development going on in West Dallas and the Cedars area. Soon the same thing will happen to those, and once those are full, people will look elsewhere.

I feel like West Dallas, South Dallas/Cedars, and East Dallas will all develop faster than Uptown did as well. Uptown was a pretty big gamble for its time, simply because people, at the time, were moving away from the urban core and to the suburbs. Now that Uptown has flourished, it is less risky to develop more urban areas. The demand is clearly there, all that is left is for developers to capitalize on it.

I think Fair Park itself needs a giant overhaul. It's a huge space in a very good location with DART access, which is a fantastic starting space. The problem is, it's just full of surface parking lots and fences that really dissuade the public from entering. Up until recently, I had no idea that, on non-event days, this was a public park that is open to everyone. I think we need some more efficient garage parking space so we can free up some of those surface lots and turn them into green space. This area of Dallas will take a ton of work to change, but there is a lot of potential there, and I think people definitely realize this.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 PM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
That area will see development at some point. If Jerry World would have been built in Dallas they redevelopment would have already started. That area sits in a prime location. The started with West Dallas first so it may be another 10 years before they get to the Fair Park area.

Reggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas