Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM

142 posts, read 362,331 times

Advertisements

Decatur, Stephenville are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM

990 posts, read 2,303,274 times
I thought baggy pants were out of style. Isn't it skinny jeans that are in style. Even for hip-hoppers and hipsters alike.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Fort Worth and Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxmomma View Post
i've lived in Texas all my life and growing up i remember more country people so to speak being around. now days it seems more like every where you go i see people wearing baggy pants and everything else. i miss being able to go somewhere and see men and women both wearing wranglers, cowboy hats and what not... Texas has always been a country state so to speak, i'm wondering what happened to all the cowboys and cowgirls around here? is Texas just not like that anymore? it almost seems like i am going to have to go to Wyoming or Montana just to be able to see those things again and it's just too cold up there for me...lol...

Old 11-21-2010, 01:11 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,274 times
I've been going to East Texas my whole life, as much of my family comes from there. Don't remember Wranglers or Cowboy hats. That sounds more like West Texas. If anything East Texas was a Wayne hat kind of place.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
A lot are in Laredo.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:22 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
I thought baggy pants were out of style. Isn't it skinny jeans that are in style. Even for hip-hoppers and hipsters alike.
Mostly the kids 20 and under do that skinny jeans crap. As for the question from the OP. You're going to have to go to the smaller towns in Texas for that.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times
I have noticed that after moving to Texas period its not what I expected. I am a country girl to the bone and I have been looking for country friends around Dallas/Denton area and its so hard to find. Yes I am 22 and pregnant with a little boy and have no friends in Texas so kind of gets lonely but you would figure the Texas state would have more cowboy/cowgirl/country minded people.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:44 PM

153 posts, read 225,995 times
All the TX country folks is at the movie thee ater called the last pitcher show.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 AM

455 posts, read 771,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlcountry View Post
I have noticed that after moving to Texas period its not what I expected. I am a country girl to the bone and I have been looking for country friends around Dallas/Denton area and its so hard to find. Yes I am 22 and pregnant with a little boy and have no friends in Texas so kind of gets lonely but you would figure the Texas state would have more cowboy/cowgirl/country minded people.
Y'all should head down to Ft. Worth, or further Southwest to San Angelo TX if you really want a "Cowboy Town"- lot's of friendly folks and cowboy/cowgirl culture in those areas. I would also put Tyler (95 mi east of Dallas) and Bandera, TX on your list. Bandera even has cowboy camps for kids and the Cowboy way of life in Bandera was key to the town’s survival during the Great Depression. The dude ranches and working ranches in Bandera are alive and thriving in a community of around 900 or so great people living in the Texas Hill Country. Definitely lot's of cowboy heritage and pride around that area.

Hell, even Austin probably has more Cowboy in it than modern day Dallas.

San Angelo Rodeo
sanangelorodeo.com/p/Events/Rodeo

Cowboy Capital - Bandera TX
BanderaCowboyCapital.com

Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM

235 posts, read 347,195 times
Dallas is where city people buy big trucks and pretend to be country people even though it takes FAR more than buying a large truck to become a country person. This is the way it's been for the last 5-6 years or so. There are hardly any country people in and around Dallas unless you are willing to travel far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas