Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:39 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
There are crazy drivers everywhere. Dallas has more than it's fair share for sure.

The one thing that my wife and I both agree on regarding driving here: We have never seen so many vehicles that can't seem to stay in their own lane. People are always drifting in and out of other lanes here.

Very weird. Are they all drunk? Lol
I'd be willing to bet most of those drivers are texting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 08:42 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,083 times
Quote:
With respect if you think, "all the other drivers are crazy"..............you are the problem not them.

And no there is no number other than 911; and if you call about some guy driving 70 in a 55 they will ask why you called.

ETA - with all due respect, you seem to be a high-drama person. Relax, leave early and don't drive slowly in the fast lane. DFW has more people, millions more, than the entire state of Colorado. Pick up the pace.
I have no idea where you are coming from.

Happen to see this?

Popular Flower Mound Swim Coach Killed in Weekend Crash | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Went to HS with him, though we weren't friends. I know he was a good guy though. I wish someone had called the cops on the idiot that killed him

Old 11-08-2014, 10:11 PM

28 posts, read 81,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Well, maybe because I didn't use her words - that might be clue number one.

DesignMoxe has posted a number of times recently and being as kind as I can her expressions about things in Dallas do not measure up to reality in at least some cases. Labeling Bishop Lynch High School as having a country club like atmosphere is item one. The truth is BL is in an old building in a less than great part of town and the school sports students from families ranging from broke to mostly middle class with a smattering of wealthy families. Calling BL country club like is the intellectual equivalent of claiming Buda is the swankiest 'burb around Austin.
EDS, are your comments because you're bitter because I gave my impression of Bishop Lynch? Really?! It was my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are. And that has NOTHING to do with this thread, friend. You do know how to properly use forums, right? Go back to that one to b**** about my dissing BL.
As far as my "expressions about things in Dallas" (I quoted you correctly here) are only my first impressions (not EXPRESSIONS as you termed it) of the place as I have only been here 2 months. I am here with fresh eyes and a different perspective, right or wrong, these have been my observances. I do not state them as pure fact, but only as my opinion.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:56 AM

817 posts, read 922,193 times
Drivers in this area are noticeably more aggressive than in Southern California and Chicagoland, which are both significantly larger areas. The main problem is changing a lane with everyone trying to zip past on the right. Tailgating is also a high frequency event. I still have my California plates and apparently most local drivers don't realize that California is the birthplace of car to car shootings.

One other situation that bugs me, I live in one of those apartment complexes that is built around a parking structure. I have been tailgated up to the 4th floor, or sometimes they get clever and turn the opposite direction at a floor and try go get ahead to the next floor. You can't even save 30 seconds zooming through the structure, but you run a higher risk of creaming a mom and a stroller.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:41 PM

931 posts, read 2,134,620 times
I have reported motorcycle hooligans headed north on Central from 635 and glad to see some of them pulled over in Plano

Old 11-10-2014, 01:46 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,298,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignMoxe View Post
EDS, are your comments because you're bitter because I gave my impression of Bishop Lynch? Really?! It was my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are. And that has NOTHING to do with this thread, friend. You do know how to properly use forums, right? Go back to that one to b**** about my dissing BL.
As far as my "expressions about things in Dallas" (I quoted you correctly here) are only my first impressions (not EXPRESSIONS as you termed it) of the place as I have only been here 2 months. I am here with fresh eyes and a different perspective, right or wrong, these have been my observances. I do not state them as pure fact, but only as my opinion.
I do enjoy the dog/cat fight. It helps make this board a tad more interesting, plus I like getting to know everyone's personality. Welcome to Texas- don't take crap off anyone-

Hockdad

PS- Finally, you will see that overall EDS has some really good posts.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:01 PM

28 posts, read 81,026 times
HockDad---are you a HOCKEY Dad? If so, where do you play hockey in the Dallas area? Husband is looking for ice!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:28 AM

477 posts, read 1,051,645 times
There is an ice rink primarily used for hockey in Richardson not far off 75 on Centennial. I can't recall the name of it, but someone else may know.

I believe Hockdad's screen name refers to the Hockaday school, not hockey.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:28 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
I have no idea where you are coming from.

Happen to see this?

Popular Flower Mound Swim Coach Killed in Weekend Crash | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Went to HS with him, though we weren't friends. I know he was a good guy though. I wish someone had called the cops on the idiot that killed him
1. Sorry about your schoolmate that's awful.
2. One of my best friends is a 20+ year Dallas Police officer who has worked traffic nearly all of that time. He's told me, many times, that calls from citizens about bad driving rarely result in much. Generally, a complaint about a bad driver won't result in a ticket for the bad driver unless an officer sees the bad driver in action. That means an officer has to get into position to see the bad driver. It just does not happen that often. Add to that crossing from one town/city into another stops almost all intercepts like in the end you don't get a lot of interest from police.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:06 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignMoxe View Post
HockDad---are you a HOCKEY Dad? If so, where do you play hockey in the Dallas area? Husband is looking for ice!

Everything from Men's A through D2.

The Official Web Site - Dallas Stars - Dr Pepper StarCenter Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas