Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:15 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,818 times

Advertisements

OP, I say no. I think you will start to see an expansion and boom south of Dallas before you see one in the direction of Forney or Terrell. In fact, that's slowly already started to happen, because places in the North like Frisco and McKinney are quickly maxing out, and they can only expand north so far before they end up in Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:39 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,171,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
OP, I say no. I think you will start to see an expansion and boom south of Dallas before you see one in the direction of Forney or Terrell. In fact, that's slowly already started to happen, because places in the North like Frisco and McKinney are quickly maxing out, and they can only expand north so far before they end up in Oklahoma.
I agree. Times are changing, lifestyles are changing. I think we'll see revival of older parts of Dallas, Richardson, Carrollton and Plano

Old 12-05-2016, 07:56 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,255,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I agree. Times are changing, lifestyles are changing. I think we'll see revival of older parts of Dallas, Richardson, Carrollton and Plano
E Plano, right? Or does W Plano need reviving already? Downtown is well underway from what I understand.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:12 AM

241 posts, read 381,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
"Quickly maxing out" in what manner? For example, Frisco is still only half built-out. I can see people saying maybe the prices of the homes are maxing out (although they still seem to keep selling), but there's tons of expansion going on even north of Frisco. Just as people in the burbs need to stop thinking of Dallas as some desolate/dead area of the universe (far from it), people in Dallas probably should stop thinking of the burbs as some place where everyone needs to drive 100 miles to get to a job.

BTW, I live in Frisco and will probably be visiting the Heath area to check it out (the aforementioned Golf & Yacht Club)... please don't shoot. I come in peace (and don't want to leave in pieces... ).

Old 12-08-2016, 08:21 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegan View Post
"Quickly maxing out" in what manner? For example, Frisco is still only half built-out. I can see people saying maybe the prices of the homes are maxing out (although they still seem to keep selling), but there's tons of expansion going on even north of Frisco. Just as people in the burbs need to stop thinking of Dallas as some desolate/dead area of the universe (far from it), people in Dallas probably should stop thinking of the burbs as some place where everyone needs to drive 100 miles to get to a job.

BTW, I live in Frisco and will probably be visiting the Heath area to check it out (the aforementioned Golf & Yacht Club)... please don't shoot. I come in peace (and don't want to leave in pieces... ).
Forney has experienced a HUGE boom during the last 10 years or so. Not slowing down that I can tell. Another town experiencing heavy growth is Fate - said to be the fastest growing city in Texas. Subdivisions popping up everywhere but not much commercial development yet unless you count the new Walmart and fast food restaurants in nearby Royse City.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:28 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I would say parts of Carrollton have been reviving since nearly a decade ago. Though, sadly, the schools have been getting worse, although I would say they are at least acceptable.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
Jobs drive real estate values and demand. The big job adds announced for Toyota, Liberty Mutual, State Farm and Chase are what is driving the national leading north suburbs real estate markets in addition to the smaller off the radar moves. I believe in the whole metro plex as going gradually higher real estate price wise but the North suburbs are turbo powered with the large jobs adds noted above. Forney is not frisco but it is a good area too it seems to me

Old 12-14-2016, 02:01 PM

242 posts, read 360,301 times
I would not say Forney will be the next frisco. It looks like it will develop but there needs to be some development on Highway 80 and george bush expansion first. It will probably end up being a Middle Class area after it's developed. If we didn't have the crash of the 80's most of the development in Frisco would have happened in Forney/Rockwell instead of Collin County.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 931 times
What you have to look at is where the businesses that build the infrastructure move to, they are the ones that know or at least have a very good idea where the next boom will be. One of these companies are Sinacola and Sons, they moved to the north Dallas area and basically provided most of the raw materials to build Frisco and the surrounding areas, now they have opened up another large base in Terrell TX (East of the Metroplex).

This would indicate that they know where the next big expansion is likely to be, otherwise they would not have invested so much money in setting up their base in Terrell.
Terrell is growing in terms of blue collar warehouses and manufacturing businesses, Forney is growing in terms of housing and retail and has a mainly white collar population.
Now the middle ground between these two cities are going to become very populated over the next 10 years with a Firewheel style mall at the Gateway Bridge site, The Gateway Bridge was a multi million dollar project that was a requirement prior to any sort of building malls or housing can occur.

So with the outlook of these factors it does look like the Forney/Terrell and surrounding areas are going to expand in a different way to Frisco, maybe if they started planning to build some tower blocks for offices this would encourage other large companies like Capital One, State Farm and others that have leased or purchased these types of buildings in Plano/Richardson. These headquarter buildings are needed to grow like Frisco has, also Forney and Terrell lack office space, they have retail, restaurants and warehouses now they need offices.

I think the future of Forney and Terrell will be great over time, but it will be a process taking 10 to 20 years before we see the real benefits of this growth and the changes that it will bring to the area.

I am a Forney resident and have lived in the area for 7 years, I have been a member of the Forney, Terrell and Plano Chamber of Commerce and served on the board of the Terrell Municipal Airport (For full disclosure reasons).

Old 07-03-2017, 09:21 PM

139 posts, read 171,525 times
Admittedly, I've been a north Dallas area person almost my whole life and have no knowledge of Forney on the ground, but Forney's rep is closer to Mesquite or Garland than Frisco, Plano and Richardson. It will take many years to overcome the PR regardless what is actually happening.

BTW, Prosper north of Frisco is booming these days so the northward boom seems to be continuing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas