U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,182 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Looking for recommendation where to rent 3 bedroom 2.5 bath mid rise condo with "white glove " service in Dallas.
I lived in high rises long time and while a house would be nice I still would miss concierge and all the staff that were making my life bit easier. Town house/ house is great after you get familiar with the city and the owner/ management responsive if something goes wrong in the house.

Things that important : no stairs for me

1. Environmental safety of home(lead paint, mold, asbestos , radon)

2. Three bedroom, 2,5 bath about 2000 square footage or more. Hardwood floor.

3. A.For high rise apartment/condo : midsize, solid sound insulation, patio, den, balcony, great management , concierge, pool, garage.
B.townhouse: elevator is a must, patio, balcony,hot tub but community pool ( I know not easy to find)
C.house last preference since I am new in town and don't know the city yet. Ranch style, back yard , big trees, Community pool prefer.

4. Near health food stores

5. Gym with varieties of classes and kids/adult pool

5. Near great parks, playgrounds( walking distance is a plus, 5-15 min)

6. Schools : HPISD ( not a deal killer, have heard different opinions, such as "best public school period "or "more traditional and not open to new ways of teaching"

Friendly community, mix age group of people, Quiet safe residence with the city happenings.
A place that has warm and sophisticated feel, French country/ early American style (mixed with bit modern)/ eclectic is my personal preference.
HP,UP, PW? Uptown? Budget 2000-5000 max

Thank you for any suggestions
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 07:18 AM

2,825 posts, read 3,801,450 times
3. A.For high rise apartment/condo : midsize, solid sound insulation, patio, den, balcony, great management , concierge, pool, garage.
B.townhouse: elevator is a must, patio, balcony,hot tub but community pool ( I know not easy to find)
C.house last preference since I am new in town and don't know the city yet. Ranch style, back yard , big trees, Community pool prefer

This in HPISD with your budget is going to present some challenges, but below are some that you could look into.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...73-58700?row=1

That's actually about what I can find right now, as I don't want to post townhomes. I'm not sure which ones have an elevator. The Shelton is one of the only living mid rises in HPISD. There 3 bedrooms are currently listed over 5,000, but they may be running a special I'm not seeing. Good luck OP. If an elevator was a requirement for even a 2 story duplex, your options would open up. There may be some duplexes that are 1st floor only as well.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:33 AM

12,395 posts, read 23,780,206 times
Preface: I lived in NYC for 5 years and you cannot recreate the environment you're used to in Dallas.

There is 1 high rise zoned to HPISD (The Shelton) and 1 mid rise (CrestPark, 11 floors, only half the building is zoned for HPISD). Neither of these buildings are particularly child friendly although you'll see a few kids in each building. Neither are walking distance to parks or schools because the areas of the Park Cities zoned for multifamily/ Multi-floor are located in commercial parts of the district.

Plano has no mid or high rise buildings and no white glove service apartments either.

The Turtle Creek neighborhood near Uptown kind of has what you are looking for, building-wise, but not very kid friendly (I lived in a high rise and there were literally only 2 units with kids in the entire building), and zoned to really horrible schools. Majority of buildings were built in the 1950--1960's so while they're entirely safe to live in, they definitely don't meet your standards re paint, asbestos, etc. The Beverly and The Warrington are newer (1980's?) but Warrington is a high rise (about 30 floors).

I'm really not trying to be rude, but you're going to have to bend quite a bit to function in Dallas. I'd recommend leasing a single family attached in HPISD. Most built in last 15 years, you can probably find an elevator, you'll have a small outdoor space. You'll be closer to schools, parks, other children, and the cities of. UP and HP have wonderful community pools for a small annual fee.

Last edited by TurtleCreek80; 11-21-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Preface: I lived in NYC for 5 years and you cannot recreate the environment you're used to in Dallas.

There are only 3 high rises zoned to HPISD; no mid rises. .
I didn't know there was a particular definition of mid rise vs high rise? All of the livable buildings in HPISD are 20 stories or under OP.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:42 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,148,935 times
Hilarious request list, but I applaud it for not being a where do all the Indians live question. Dallas is not NYC. You need to understand that first.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 AM

65 posts, read 68,981 times
I don't live in Dallas yet, but I can help you on the gym thing. We belong to Lifetime Fitness here in CO and it's got all your needs. They're in Dallas, too.

Also, if you don't find a place with a "white glove" service, I am sure you can find an independent one.

I wish I could afford all the stuff on your want list! It would make my life a lot easier.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 AM

To what holldog said, yes we do have Lifetime Fitness here. You will not have a shortage of gyms almost anywhere you live in Dallas. Equinox is the "new" big fancy gym.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I didn't know there was a particular definition of mid rise vs high rise? All of the livable buildings in HPISD are 20 stories or under OP.
Mid-rise is around 10-15 floors.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holldog99 View Post
I wish I could afford all the stuff on your want list! It would make my life a lot easier.
OP probably can't afford all the stuff on her list either. A quick check indicates $6k++ is the going rate for what she's seeking in HPISD. She could work on a smaller budget in Turtle Creek / Uptown but would need to kick in $10-25k per year in private school tuition.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:35 PM

48 posts, read 50,341 times
LaTour at 3030 McKinney is a full service building. They have condos at several price points both for rent and for sale. It is currently having a lobby/swimming pool/common areas facelift. That project should be completed soon.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...0-McKinney-Ave

http://www.realtor.com/apartments/Da...0-McKinney-Ave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or