U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 PM

52 posts, read 34,771 times

Advertisements

Hello, wanted to see if someone that knows the area, can give me some insight of this area. Does it have a good long term prospects.

Thanks!

Last edited by yrs2009; 01-05-2015 at 10:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,768,981 times
Some of Northgate is zoned to Las Colinas and some is simply Irving. Along Northgate on the north side is basically LC; on the south side of the street is Irving. Different taxes and LC requires membership in the LC HOA.

Real estate has always lagged behind the market because its Irving school district; and I believe the only new home construction is in Cottonwood Valley. I actually think the better investment is the area between O'Connor and Story bordering Northgate on the south. Very close proximity to LC without the same HOA/tax base.

I just sold a house in Cottonwood Valley; having owned there for over a decade. Its very convenient and safe. I think with the new DART rail stations and the entertainment complex....along with Whole Foods coming in.... that the prices are quite low right now and its a good investment. However there is not a single good public elementary school that services the area and that is a very serious issue. A little pocket neighborhood, Mandalay Place, is down near Walnut Hill and walkable to the North Lake rail station. It is served by Carrollton/FB ISD. I am keeping an eye out for a property in there for my next rental purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or