U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 AM

4 posts, read 6,665 times

Advertisements

I am looking at buying a house in the Plano area 75093 or 75024 zip code. I found a few houses in 75024 zip code which fall under Frisco ISD (close to #121). Does anyone know about this area and a fair price for this area?
Zip code - 75024
School - brochard elementary, Fowler Middle, Liberty High (frisco isd)
Price per sqft - $135

Any positives or negatives for the area/schools? is the price/sqft high (the houses are relatively newer 2005+)

Thanks for the feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:50 AM

137 posts, read 121,211 times
I just purchased a home in 75025.. while looking i did notice that someplace areas were under the frisco school district so i stayed away.
dont know much about the schools but i preferred PLANO ISD
as for the areas we have been here for a month and like it so far everything seems to be with in 10 minutes
as for prices it depends on the house, updates etc but around 125-135 seems on par whit todays market

Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 AM

4 posts, read 6,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o View Post
I just purchased a home in 75025.. while looking i did notice that someplace areas were under the frisco school district so i stayed away.
dont know much about the schools but i preferred PLANO ISD
as for the areas we have been here for a month and like it so far everything seems to be with in 10 minutes
as for prices it depends on the house, updates etc but around 125-135 seems on par whit todays market
Thank You! When I read this forum, I read Plano ISD ranks better than Frisco ISD, but when I go to great school I see rankings of FISD better than PISD and also the elementary school is ranked 10/10. Myth or Fact?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:11 AM

114 posts, read 148,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustintoDFW View Post
I am looking at buying a house in the Plano area 75093 or 75024 zip code. I found a few houses in 75024 zip code which fall under Frisco ISD (close to #121). Does anyone know about this area and a fair price for this area?
Zip code - 75024
School - brochard elementary, Fowler Middle, Liberty High (frisco isd)
Price per sqft - $135

Any positives or negatives for the area/schools? is the price/sqft high (the houses are relatively newer 2005+)

Thanks for the feedback
We rented a town home in that area for a few years and really liked it. As far as I remember, the houses are zoned either to Borchard or to Riddle elementary - both are great schools. Our son went to Riddle and we couldn't be happier with that school. The area is very nice - safe, close to tollway, 121 and all necessary shopping, houses are relatively new, but IMHO it is a bit overpriced.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 AM

362 posts, read 364,990 times
I'd say $135 is high for houses zoned to Frisco ISD. Unless it has many upgrades or something special about it. The Frisco ISD homes in Plano have been selling for <$110 per Sq ft. 75024 homes with Plano ISD have been selling at ~$125 per sqft.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:33 PM

409 posts, read 878,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
I'd say $135 is high for houses zoned to Frisco ISD. Unless it has many upgrades or something special about it. The Frisco ISD homes in Plano have been selling for <$110 per Sq ft. 75024 homes with Plano ISD have been selling at ~$125 per sqft.
Ditto. I live in 75024 and watch the houses in this zip like a hawk. But I live in the PISD area of 75024

Old 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM

2,834 posts, read 3,743,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustintoDFW View Post
Thank You! When I read this forum, I read Plano ISD ranks better than Frisco ISD, but when I go to great school I see rankings of FISD better than PISD and also the elementary school is ranked 10/10. Myth or Fact?
Threads about that exact subject are...entertaining. Heck, my commenting here might get others to start making the popcorn.

In a nutshell, Plano ISD high schools have considerably better SAT/ACT scores and far more national merit semifinalists than Frisco ISD high schools. Plano ISD has a well-deserved reputation as one of the best districts in DFW, and when one takes into account that the few districts that equal or exceed it (Carroll and Highland Park) are far more affluent, it's likely the very best "pound for pound" as it were.

Frisco ISDs numbers have been improving recently, but it still is in a lower tier. You can see overall high school rankings here Dallas, Texas Area School Information: 2013-2014 SAT Scores for Dallas-Fort Worth Schools. For non-magnet non-charter publics, Plano West is 2d behind only HP, Plano Senior is 4th behind those 2 and Carroll, and Plano East is 9th.

By contrast, the top 2 Frisco schools (Liberty and Centennial) are 14th and 15th. I will note that their scores have been improving recently, so maybe they will move up more, but for now they definitely lag behind Plano. Also, if anything Frisco has demogrpahics as good or better than Plano overall.

Frisco schools are not BAD, mind you. Being in the top 20 in DFW certainly makes them quality schools. But we're comparing directly to Plano here, and as of now they are a step down from Plano in metrics, and demographics don't explain the difference. So one would expect, all other things being equal, for homes in the Frisco ISD to be less expensive than homes in Plano ISD. Of course, all other things are never equal.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 PM

41 posts, read 78,258 times
Home values are higher in better performing districts. Some people are willing to pay for it but others rather have a bigger master or newer counter tops. It's just a matter of personal prefrence, kind of like private schools or better ranking colleges vs public schools or community colleges. There is no right or wrong but districts with better and stable records are in demand which translates into higher home values. Just for fun, look at land values and structure value break down in Collin County CAD. Similar lot sizes are valued very differently in diffrent parts of diffrent towns.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:18 PM

952 posts, read 1,476,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolkArtsy View Post
Home values are higher in better performing districts. Some people are willing to pay for it but others rather have a bigger master or newer counter tops. It's just a matter of personal prefrence, kind of like private schools or better ranking colleges vs public schools or community colleges. There is no right or wrong but districts with better and stable records are in demand which translates into higher home values. Just for fun, look at land values and structure value break down in Collin County CAD. Similar lot sizes are valued very differently in diffrent parts of diffrent towns.
Posters like you are jokers on this forum. I $hit tired of people like you who think a difference between plano ISD and Frisco ISD IS SIMILAR TO a difference between Ivy League and community college.

Now where is my popcorn for synchro's post

Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 PM

699 posts, read 826,039 times
Looks like GripeWater is back and reincarnated for the 10th? Time or so as FolkArtsy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or