U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:44 PM

48 posts, read 74,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinCoCitizen View Post
What grates me more then occasionally is that some new homeowners who are also new to this area, want validation of their choices. Just because someone moved here last year and bought a house, doesn't make them an expert on local real estate.
Hope your little barb was not headed my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 06:07 PM

951 posts, read 1,419,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinCoCitizen View Post
What grates me more then occasionally is that some new homeowners who are also new to this area, want validation of their choices. Just because someone moved here last year and bought a house, doesn't make them an expert on local real estate.
It actually sort of does because they know better than people who do not live in the local area but still comment as if they know...

Old 01-31-2015, 06:47 PM

48 posts, read 74,770 times
Hi Frenzyrider and neighbor, I am not active enough on this forum to have experiened what CollinCoCitizen may be referring to, but it looks like you have obviously also seen the "new homeowners who are also new to this area, want validation of their choices". 18 months ago I am glad I followed up on your advice on this forum re different home builders I had asked about. Your advice was definitely one of the factors in our eventual home builder chocie.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,159 times
Rhi,

We are planning on pulling the trigger for highland home in lawler park in one of the phase 2 lots.. How much per sqft would you suggest? 145-150?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2015, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 46,793 times
A physiotherapist from my hospital started building in Lawler Park but backed off once he found out that it is an overwhelmingly Indian neighborhood. He is an Indian American himself but he wants to raise his children in a diverse neighborhood.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:16 PM

379 posts, read 487,731 times
That's going to be the case in many new construction communities in the Frisco area. I wanted diversity in neighbors as well (I'm Indian American), but almost every new construction development we went to in the area had either a lot of S. Asians touring or in the neighborhood b/c they lived there. I'm sure there are exceptions. Though, I do find it odd that someone would give up thousands in deposits after starting to build just bc they found that out.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM

6,268 posts, read 12,109,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBGYN14 View Post
A physiotherapist from my hospital started building in Lawler Park but backed off once he found out that it is an overwhelmingly Indian neighborhood. He is an Indian American himself but he wants to raise his children in a diverse neighborhood.
That's the first case of "Indian" flight I think I've ever read, LOL

Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 PM

33 posts, read 46,793 times
I found it odd as well but he used to work in Frisco and after joining Dallas campus, prospect of commuting from Lawler Park to Dallas wasn't sitting well either.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,159 times
@Nissan,

Would 145 per sq ft be a good range

Old 02-04-2015, 08:18 PM

951 posts, read 1,419,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
That's the first case of "Indian" flight I think I've ever read, LOL
Haha! I am sure he is already tired of all the indian doctors around him so wanted to stay in a "diverse" neighborhood. It is strange to me though that indian americans like to stay away from indians but other 2nd generation nationals stay together for example the jewish community in richardson... Is that a wrong observation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or