U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2016, 05:52 PM
 
5 posts, read 3,664 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
Can we stop comparing schools to Frisco?

They must have a hella campaign going in the new home market.
Most likely because of this...

Reputation of Frisco schools draws families from India in droves ...
The Dallas Morning News | Dallas-Fort Worth News, Sports, Entertainment, Weather, Traffic frisco headlines
Nov 4, 2014 - Even from thousands of miles away, young parents in India know Frisco is the place to raise a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2016, 09:22 PM
 
43 posts, read 34,009 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
Can we stop comparing schools to Frisco?

They must have a hella campaign going in the new home market.
Duh. Frisco chamber of commerce, home builders and realtor association spends money on marketing and promotions. They have a lot of homes, stores and offices to sell and a lot of money to make, it's worth the expense.

Why do you think, people outside of DFW know more about Frisco and McKinney schools then Highland Park, Plano or Coppell schools? It's because these districts have limited inventory and that sells itself so they don't need to advertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 12:59 AM
 
Location: North of 380. South of Okie.
4 posts, read 2,604 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
FYI....The minimum lot size in Prosper is a quarter acre,roughly 10,500.

The Artesia community (annexed) and patio homes would be the exception...
Prosper has lower minimum requirements for build lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Georgia native in McKinney, TX
6,911 posts, read 9,598,045 times
Reputation: 5313
May I ask the OP if the job is in McKinney, why are you not looking in McKinney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 12:39 PM
 
96 posts, read 87,264 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhm View Post
I have been looking for houses online at Lawler Park crossings and like it, but not the lot sizes. Does Prosper have bigger lots? How are the schools compared to Frisco? How far is it from Mckinney since that is where my husband would be working. We would like a safe neighborhood and good schools. Thank you in advance.
Depending on where your husband will work in McKinney you can probably look at Lovejoy or Prosper (both will have acre plus lots and then Frisco (they have acre lots but there are very few). Frisco and Prosper have a lot of growth and there is frequent school rezoning. I think Frisco currently has 9 or 10 High schools and is growing, and Prosper has 1 High School but is projected to have 4-5 by the time build out is complete. Lovejoy only has one high school and has no forecast to ever build a second high school.

Call the school districts and ask questions and take a tour with your kids if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Georgia native in McKinney, TX
6,911 posts, read 9,598,045 times
Reputation: 5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
Depending on where your husband will work in McKinney you can probably look at Lovejoy or Prosper (both will have acre plus lots and then Frisco (they have acre lots but there are very few). Frisco and Prosper have a lot of growth and there is frequent school rezoning. I think Frisco currently has 9 or 10 High schools and is growing, and Prosper has 1 High School but is projected to have 4-5 by the time build out is complete. Lovejoy only has one high school and has no forecast to ever build a second high school.

Call the school districts and ask questions and take a tour with your kids if possible.
I have only heard talk of a second high school for Prosper, not 4 or 5. McKinney is much larger and will probably expand the three existing instead of adding a fourth as was originally planned. But Prosper doesn't have the footprint to be that large, even though the ISD does extend pretty far into both McKinney and Frisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Prosper
6,268 posts, read 12,125,258 times
Reputation: 9331
Estimated buildout population in Prosper is 70-80k. That's a lot smaller than McKinney is now. At maximum, Prosper may do three high schools, but as Saintmarks said, there's only talk of a second right now.

There will never be 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Georgia native in McKinney, TX
6,911 posts, read 9,598,045 times
Reputation: 5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Estimated buildout population in Prosper is 70-80k. That's a lot smaller than McKinney is now. At maximum, Prosper may do three high schools, but as Saintmarks said, there's only talk of a second right now.

There will never be 4 or 5.
Frisco's commitment to multiple smaller High Schools is the exception not the rule in these parts. Plano with their limit of 3 massive top two grade only senior high schools is the opposite extreme. Most of the other burbs will fall into a number of high schools relative to the population somewhere between the two.

If that didn't make sense, the point is don't use Frisco's population and number of high schools as a matrix for estimating these things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 02:48 PM
 
96 posts, read 87,264 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I have only heard talk of a second high school for Prosper, not 4 or 5. McKinney is much larger and will probably expand the three existing instead of adding a fourth as was originally planned. But Prosper doesn't have the footprint to be that large, even though the ISD does extend pretty far into both McKinney and Frisco.
Their website has been updated to say 6+ 5A schools. It use to say 4-5 5A schools.

District Information / FAQ


Prosper ISD is 58 square miles compared to Frisco ISD at 72.

Independent School District Sq. Miles
Lovejoy 19
Allen 29
Melissa 37
Wylie 41
Trenton 47
Prosper 58
Leonard 59
Princeton 60
Blue Ridge 62
Anna 63
Gunter 67
Bland 68
Van Alstyne 69
Whitewright 69
Frisco 72
Royse City 74
Farmersville 86
Community 89
Celina 95
Plano 108
McKinney ISD 109
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 08:43 PM
 
241 posts, read 228,037 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Estimated buildout population in Prosper is 70-80k. That's a lot smaller than McKinney is now. At maximum, Prosper may do three high schools, but as Saintmarks said, there's only talk of a second right now.

There will never be 4 or 5.
Prosper ISD serves more than just Prosper. Some of northern Frisco is and will be Prosper ISD and isn't even populated yet. They also serve parts of Celina and McKinney. Not to mention much of Prosper itself is empty right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top