U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 4,749 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

Need help...in finding out my lost speeding ticket which was white long citation received from the police. I am new to US and was driving to pick my husband from Dallas Airport when i was stopped by the officer. I tried searching for the citation through DPS, DMV and city of Dallas police but the records does not exists. This happened on 28th Of Dec. Has anyone gone through this before and know how to pay for the citation or find the citation so that i will not be a defaulter.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 01:27 PM

8,251 posts, read 9,001,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadd View Post
Hi guys,

Need help...in finding out my lost speeding ticket which was white long citation received from the police. I am new to US and was driving to pick my husband from Dallas Airport when i was stopped by the officer. I tried searching for the citation through DPS, DMV and city of Dallas police but the records does not exists. This happened on 28th Of Dec. Has anyone gone through this before and know how to pay for the citation or find the citation so that i will not be a defaulter.....
1. Which department did the officer work for?

2. He probably hasn't turned the ticket in fr processing yet.

3. I'd identify the department and call them twice a week until the ticket shows up on their records - also call the county, Justice of the Peace office, in which the ticket was issued.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:42 AM

Thank you for the response....as i am new to US..i do not know exactly which department it was. It was in the night i remember it was a black car with lots of lights and i think he said he was police officer.

1. What is the time period for the tickets to be logged in?

2. I have been calling Justice of peace office , police department and DPS...but it is not been processed yet.

3. What if i don't find it before the date...and what is the worse thing that can happen...

4. The citation was a long white paper...i think he said by Jan 26th i need to pay

IS THERE ANY other way to find the ticket????

Old 01-18-2015, 01:35 PM

8 posts, read 31,330 times
Do you remember where you where when you got stopped? If you could find the approximate location on a map that would narrow down which department it could have been. With JPs(if it was a sheriff or constable officer that pulled you over) you have to call the exact JP court that it was assigned to or they won't have the information. If it goes unresolved past the date it turns into a warrant. It would be probably be easier to track down at that point, but if you get pulled over for any reason before taking care of it, its up to the officers digression on whether or not to take you to jail or just tell you to take care of it. And unfortunately there is no universal state wide system to check for tickets. Only the exact department/office that the ticket was assigned to is going to have the information on it.
The only ticket I've had in this area was a long piece of paper printed out on a device the officer had which sounds like what you are describing and it was a JP ticket. Because I got pulled over in Mesquite it was assigned to the JP office in Mesquite.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 AM

1,595 posts, read 1,699,057 times
If it was near Love Field in Dallas, I would start with Highland Park. Highland Park, TX - Official Website - Municipal Court
GPS routes take you through that section if you come from the north, south or east. They are notorious for enforcing the speed limits through their jurisdiction and they do use blacked out patrol cars/suvs.

you can also order a copy of your driving record which will list any violations:
https://txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/txld..._campaign=2015

Old 01-20-2015, 05:08 AM

Thanks HIM and JDallas

Sorry i do not remember the city name where i was stopped but the GPS showed I was about 10 to 15 miles to reach DFW....I ordered for the DL record and it is clean no violations attached as of now...so not sure if it has not been updated yet....dont know...

I will call highland today and check if they have it and also call the cities which are closer to dallas like 15 miles and check too do not want to give away if i have a chance to find out....

Thanks again for the help guys ....

Old 01-21-2015, 09:51 AM

Guys I found it.....it was Wilmer and yesterday was the last day. I looked in to the map and saw the cities names oon i45 and checked in couple of cities and found my ticket.
Called the court in the morning and she said yesterday was the last but I still have a weeks time. Do u think I should fight so that I can get rid of the 2 points. Can u fight for it. I am willing to pay 200 but also want to do defensive driving so that I can get rid of it.

Any suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or