U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 AM

11,690 posts, read 21,339,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
I went to look at Amli Knox Henderson. .and fell in love with it! It's 1300/month so it's a bit above my price point. .but it was perfect. The location is amazing. .i may have to up my budget and bite the bullet. There were many other places I saw too with signs in the yard. I plan on calling tomorrow. Thank you for recommending the area!
I'm glad you liked it! I know a lot of people who have lived in that AMLI over the years. Hope something works out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 AM

231 posts, read 314,553 times
I don't mean this as a knock toward Knox, but that's fascinating to me that it's considered much safer than Oak Lawn. Looking at NeighborhoodScout's stats and gleaning what I can from my own recent personal observations, it almost looks like a wash between the two. I'd say both are safe and I'd live in either.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:28 AM

175 posts, read 208,656 times
Knox is much more safe than Oak Lawn. There's a lot of property crime in Oak Lawn along Cedar Springs. Go to the Walgreens and you'll see the sketchiness, especially after dark.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:36 AM

11,690 posts, read 21,339,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmonova View Post
Knox is much more safe than Oak Lawn. There's a lot of property crime in Oak Lawn along Cedar Springs. Go to the Walgreens and you'll see the sketchiness, especially after dark.
Yup, this. Plus, a lot of houses in the area just south of Cedar Springs are/were known drug houses. They are slowly being torn down but there are still a lot of vagrants/ creepy cokehead people walking around there, especially after dark. Plus, proximity to projects just on the other side of the DNT. There is nothing that compares to this in the Knox Street area. Knox Street is adjacent to Highland Park and you kind of get a 2-5 block "buffer" crime zone all around the Park Cities circumference since the HP police will often drive those blocks too (even if it's just to drive to lunch, it's more police presence than DPD has...) The same thing in North Oak Lawn where the HP police are always at the Whole Foods on Lemmon.

To be clear, specifically talking about the neighborhood south of the Illume- the blocks bordered by DNT/35/Oak Lawn/Cedar Springs. Not North Oak Lawn or west of Oak Lawn Ave.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 AM

231 posts, read 314,553 times
I'm not going to deny that Knox Street area of Knox-Henderson is a great. But Oak Lawns seems like a place that's really hit critical mass and will only go up.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 AM

278 posts, read 278,829 times
The price point at Illume is fantastic and I kind of wondered why. A top floor unit with an almost panoramic view of the city for 1149/month in addition to first month free seems crazy. I guess bc the area can be sketchy, who knows.

Visiting a few other places near Knox today, I wish I could find something a lil closer to my budget. Hopefully today I'll find that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or