Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 05:53 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times

Advertisements

We are a stone's throw from Collin County ( we're in the north Dallas area ) and we put our house on the market on Wednesday. We had 3 showings Tuesday night (due to pre-marketing by agent ) and 45 showings overall, resulting in 18 offers, only one of which was an investor who offered 10K less than asking price. We shut off the showings as of last night. Our asking price is 40K higher than the price we paid a little over 3 years ago. We're in the 230K range, which I think is a pretty desirable price point. We hated to sell, we love our beautiful house, but husband's job transfer made it necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 PM

48 posts, read 77,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
We are a stone's throw from Collin County ( we're in the north Dallas area ) and we put our house on the market on Wednesday. We had 3 showings Tuesday night (due to pre-marketing by agent ) and 45 showings overall, resulting in 18 offers, only one of which was an investor who offered 10K less than asking price. We shut off the showings as of last night. Our asking price is 40K higher than the price we paid a little over 3 years ago. We're in the 230K range, which I think is a pretty desirable price point. We hated to sell, we love our beautiful house, but husband's job transfer made it necessary.
I'm not an investor but am in the market right now, a little bit lower than your home price, but am interested in the market since I've never bought in such a seller's market. Without giving too many details, could you give me a feel out of the 18 offers, how many were at or above your asking price? Need any help I can to find a house and get out of this hotel!

Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 PM

We had one investor go below asking price by $10000. One at asking price. 16 above asking, 6 of those were $10k above asking price or more.

Minds=blown.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collincocitizen View Post
which school district?
lisd

Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,472 times
Man, this thing really scares me off about my next tax bill from county office.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Me too.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:07 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Sometimes they lower the tax rate when values go up a lot. Hopefully that might happen with the inflation in home prices.

We are slowly losing our reputation as being a "Less Expensive" place to buy a house.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:35 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,679,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sometimes they lower the tax rate when values go up a lot. Hopefully that might happen with the inflation in home prices.

We are slowly losing our reputation as being a "Less Expensive" place to buy a house.
I agree.I think Collin County will see the greatest increase in prices in the next few years.From what is being reported and from what city data forumers suspect Parts of Collin County are no longer "affordable" now. In areas like West plano,Prosper and Frisco,the job growth within the county and location (off the tollway /preston) is fueling those prices in my opinion.

That being said,I suspect that people being puced out of areas like Plano,Prosper,Frisco etc. will fuel development in other cities at a faster pace.After the eye opening house hunting trip with my btother,I did some research on home prices around DFW.Little Elm seems to be taking off in a good direction.There is a mass amount of single family construction(mostly in the $200,000-$300,000 range)going on right now including this project...

Union Park Master-Planned Community to Break Ground in Little Elm Virtual Builders Exchange

It broke ground and it is a behemoth of a site.When we passed it the other day,we were surprised that so much construction was going up already.

Little Elm is also getting an Alamo Drafthouse and a Hula Hut amongst other retail and entertainment...

The Alamo Drafthouse is projecting an early 2016 opening date in Little Elm | Dallas Morning News

What price point do you think most buyers see as affordable for this area? I would say under $225,000. It seems like new builds are pretty much out of the question in most desireable areas within that price range....

Old 02-02-2015, 08:39 AM

14 posts, read 26,599 times
Quote:

Sometimes? After the depression, every year house prices are going up and so as the property taxes and now with 2014/15 housing market, I bet it will go up significantly. And yes, Dallas is no longer a "less expensive" place to buy a house — particularly if you account in the super high property taxes.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:09 AM

14 posts, read 26,599 times
Quote:
I actually have no info and it would be at much higher levels than this lowly peon. The rumor was told by a local RE Attorney who is pretty well connected. I'm sure there is many a confidentiality agreements attached to these moves.

And it may all be bogus.
Liberty Mutual is coming to Plano bringing 5000 jobs.

Thousands of jobs coming, not enough housing in Plano
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas