Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:30 PM

21 posts, read 47,624 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I know there are new constructions in Coppell like East Lake, West Heaven, Bridges at las colinas, parkside dfw etc, but all of them are close by highway, too much road noise. Initially we were planning to buy a house in Coppell but after much thought we are inclined towards Flower Mound, nice public parks, library, low tax etc..Our preference is not new construction but seems old ones are not energy efficient (saves around 150$ Per Month) and could be as expensive as new ones, due to increase in price and more demand. Since good and rightly priced houses are selling in 1-2 weeks, we are planning to buy new house, that brings us to Preserve at FM by toll brothers. Could you please help me with below questions?

Is "preserve at flower mound" a desirable place? Does having a toll brother in less desirable area affect resale value?

How are nearby area/communities, whenever sold, were they as expensive as preserve (relative to time and market that time) ?

Lakeside DFW and preserve are priced almost same, any pros/cons for preserve? I think lakeside is better community but there are not any good lots/inventory available without higher price tag (expensive than toll brothers).

Based on my observation, preserve sold around 38 lots in last two years or so, is this good pace?

Please advice, thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 12:19 AM

95 posts, read 163,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx75063 View Post
Hi,

I know there are new constructions in Coppell like East Lake, West Heaven, Bridges at las colinas, parkside dfw etc, but all of them are close by highway, too much road noise. Initially we were planning to buy a house in Coppell but after much thought we are inclined towards Flower Mound, nice public parks, library, low tax etc..Our preference is not new construction but seems old ones are not energy efficient (saves around 150$ Per Month) and could be as expensive as new ones, due to increase in price and more demand. Since good and rightly priced houses are selling in 1-2 weeks, we are planning to buy new house, that brings us to Preserve at FM by toll brothers. Could you please help me with below questions?

Is "preserve at flower mound" a desirable place? Does having a toll brother in less desirable area affect resale value?

How are nearby area/communities, whenever sold, were they as expensive as preserve (relative to time and market that time) ?

Lakeside DFW and preserve are priced almost same, any pros/cons for preserve? I think lakeside is better community but there are not any good lots/inventory available without higher price tag (expensive than toll brothers).

Based on my observation, preserve sold around 38 lots in last two years or so, is this good pace?

I drive the area quite often, and it is a very nice area.
Pros... easy access to the only main thoroughfare into Flour Mound (2499)
Lots of great places to eat, ff and sit down
Decent shopping without having to go far

Cons... 2499 is crazy busy traffic (need to drive it in early am, late afternoon and weekends to experience the flow first hand)
The developments around the Preserve are decent, yet nowhere like the builds in the Preserve in terms of price of price/size, so that will place you in the highest dollar development in that area (only an issue if you'd be looking to sell a few years after purchase)
Toll Bros is ok (we own a toll home so I speak firsthand) but there's better choices IMHO!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:20 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,740,329 times
I'm about to start looking in the area slightly south of that, and I've lived in the general area for years. It's a great place to buy a house, but you will be on the upper end of homes around there. I believe there is another Toll Brothers development on 3040, a little east of 2499. Creekside is the name, I think. You may look there, too.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:45 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,714,559 times
Quote:

Why do you think Flower Mound is "less desirable" than Coppell? FM is a highly sought-after place to live.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 AM

174 posts, read 396,144 times
Hello,

Since you are looking at the toll brothers I would strongly advice you to consider Darling and American Legends new community called Hunters Glen in Flower Mound. The prices will be similar starting point to Toll and the lot sizes will also be larger than the homes at Lakeside.

Another option that will be lower priced but smaller lots in comparison to Toll & Hunters Glen is Parkside at Woodlake by Darling homes. This community will be right next to Lakeside and will only have 40ish homes - so you will need to get on the pre-sale list and be quick to reserve a lot you prefer. Since the lots are smaller I would imagine the starting price of this community to be around 450ish. The starting price of Hunters Glen I would say will be around 550's.

Goodluck on the home search and feel free to message me directly with more questions.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:04 AM

Thank you everyone for prompt response.

Runn - If I plan to live there at least for 5 years, will I break even? I understand it is tough to answer as depends on lot of factors, but would like to understand your point of view. You think traffic will be less congested after 2499 construction?

LeagleEagleDFW - The creekside is in better location and bigger community but more pricey. So I have to strike that out.

FalconheadWest - I meant, is preserve in less desirable location within flower mound? I have no doubts about FM.

nawvtanzi09 - Thank for providing valuable information on new communities. Darling @ Hunters Glen will be same price point as toll brothers and further north, american legend could be less expensive (they were in lake side). Parkside at woodlake sounds interesting, I hope small lot doesn't mean patio homes there.

Based on location, can anyone help me sort below communities, highest to lowest sought after/desirable location?
1. Preserve - 550K
2. Lakeside DFW - 550K
3. Hunters Glen - 550K
4. Parkside Woodlake - 450K
5. Megatel - The Riverwalk - 400-450K
???? any other communities?

Thanks much!

Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 AM

262 posts, read 466,623 times
Quote:
Hi,

If you are open to pre-owned homes, I would check the Wellington neighborhood in Flower Mound. Its really nice.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,740,329 times
Traffic on 2499 will be better once the construction is complete, it's just going to take a couple of years.

Wellington is also very nice.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM

roseball123 - I am okay with older houses provided they are energy efficient. I would rather put that 150$ per month towards mortgage than on energy. I have been looking for 2006 or newer house, but had no luck with them.

LeagleEagleDFW - Thanks for information. I drove few times from Irving to FM and traffic was bad but okay because it took 30 mins for 12 miles drive.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:24 PM

174 posts, read 396,144 times
Keep in mind with the Preserve - the 550k price is just BASE with Toll Brothers. With typical upgrades that most buyers end up doing it will run over 600k. Rule of thumb is usually 7 - 10% of the base for structural and design center upgrades.

Lakeside community even with the multiple price increases will still be less compared to the Toll Brother communities. You are essentially paying extra for the larger lot size 10k+ compared to 7k sq ft in Lakeside. Parkside will have lot sizes of around 6k with decent size backyards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: