Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:23 AM

10 posts, read 11,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockDad View Post
In 9th grade I think it is far less important to have friends living close by. Plenty of his social interaction will revolve around sports and activities. When you are young, the moms make play dates. He will be at school till 5:30 every night doing sports and then will have 2 hours of homework. Not a ton of time hanging out with his friends.
Very solid point, just as the others you have made as well! I would much rather him be overloaded w sports and homework than having time to hang out with friends during the week anyway! Idle hands......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Sorry, I missed the comment you were referencing since you didn't quote the other poster. Apologies.
No worries, and thank you! New to this so just figuring out the "quote" function!

Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 PM

74 posts, read 86,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I never had 2 hours of home work in high school. I could however see the privates handing out that much load.

Try IB. It's at least double that!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:16 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.abus View Post
Try IB. It's at least double that!
So someone gets out of school at lets say 3:30. That means homework from 4 until 8 with no breaks? That sounds like a terrible high school experience.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:06 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,083,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbMomof1 View Post
Thank you all so much for the honest and thoughtful replies!!!

My concern with HP was mainly the "circles" have been established and he might have a hard time fitting in so that definitely ranks top in my decision. I fit the mold of good looking rich and athletic but my son, he just wasn't blessed with my looks unfortunately. Ha. Kidding!!! He's a freaking stud actually but I definitley hear what you're saying on the "circles" and that is hard regardless of any social issues!

Jesuit seems like it would be the best considering the football program is competitive and he does want to play and he's decent in Allen so would probably shine there for sure! I've heard Greenhills program is up and coming too.

I have heard about Shelton school but I hate the thought of him going to a school that will cater to his special needs when the real world won't do that. I've pushed him to never use his "disability" as an excuse and not to expect that others will conform for him. I would rather him be in a regular school and just have a good support system of understanding peers and teachers and just know that the majority of the population of the world are all a-holes so we just have to deal with it! Any major differences you've seen out of education/college acceptance/overall attitude of the kids are Jesuit/StMarks or Greenhill?

The tuition is not a problem and I assume that I wouldn't meet financial aid and don't plan to apply . Ed McMahon finally came by my house after all these years!!!!!! Lol. Kidding, but I'm financially stable and have a successful career with a few investments I started that have blessed me with the option of providing him with a better education and still support my shopping habit. Plus my hopes are that I provide him with a prestigious education so that he can afford the BEST retirement home for me one day. Because I am very high maintenance. 

I am going to start setting up tours at the above mentioned schools and see what I can narrow it down to. He will be looking at fall 2016 admission.
Are the majority of the private school kids living in that area? If he's not in HP then I prefer not to pay those taxes but looking at Lakewood/M Streets it seems a little far. What are yalls thoughts on Preston Hollow? I will admit one thing I will miss about the burbs is that he can just run outside
and find friends to play with all day so I can watch Netflix and drink box wine all day. Maybe I can switch to the fancy Boones Farm when we move there? Haha. Thanks again for your replies and hope yall are having a great Saturday!

You are hella funny... I'll be your friend!

Just kidding... Wish you all the best, from one mum looking into privates to another

Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,643 times
"I'm beautiful!!!"

"I'm rich!!!"

"My son is a freaking stud!"

Why don't the suburban married moms like me? Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

News flash: The private school moms won't like you either. Most of them are *from* suburbia and you represent either a). Everything they are trying to escape from, or b). Everything they are trying to distract their husbands from.

Not a recipe for friendship.

Unless you grow some dreadlocks or gain a few pounds (or both) women will always distrust you.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
"I'm beautiful!!!"

"I'm rich!!!"

"My son is a freaking stud!"

Why don't the suburban married moms like me? Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

News flash: The private school moms won't like you either. Most of them are *from* suburbia and you represent either a). Everything they are trying to escape from, or b). Everything they are trying to distract their husbands from.

Not a recipe for friendship.

Unless you grow some dreadlocks or gain a few pounds (or both) women will always distrust you.

Lol. So my comment about being "beautiful rich and athletic" was sarcastic and was in reponse to another poster that said there was a certain "stereotype" Park Cities kids fit. I didn't quote his comment because I was replying to a few and I'm new to this so wasn't sure how that worked. I apologize if people didn't get the sarcastic tone or read the previous comments and understand that so let me be clear..... That was a JOKE!!! I'm not sure what you mean by I'm what the are trying to distract their husbands from because that is the last thing I would ever do nor do I even have a desire for men let alone a married one so I'm not sure why that is even mentioned here. Maybe that comment about I'm what they are trying to escape from is because you took mine out of context, so I'll leave it at that instead of making assumptions. Besides, I never said the burn moms don't like me. I actually have a lot of burb mom friends in Lovejoy..... It's the Allen moms that are just not very friendly. I haven't given them a reason to not like me because of their "you can't sit with us" mentality. I guess I should wear pink on Wednesdays (that's a Mean Girls reference for those that haven't watched with their kids or on their own guilty pleasure )

It sounds like you're saying all the private school moms are unhappy or something? Is that what you have seen there? Just curious.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:15 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbMomof1 View Post
if people didn't get the sarcastic tone or read the previous comments and understand that so let me be clear..... That was a JOKE!!!
If I could ever invent a sarcasm font for the internet, I could afford to live in Park Cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: