Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,315 times

Advertisements

I'm finally set to move away from West Plano. YES! (I love Plano to death, but for a 23 year old male, it's ehh....). My two future roommates and I all work in Plano, though, so we'd like to stay close, and Addison is about as close as we're going to get to being in a coolish area and not kill ourselves on the commute every morning.

That being said, what are the coolest apartment complexes in Addison? We know about Post Addison Circle, is that the nicest one? Anyone have great/terrible stories about that place? We're looking for places with 3 br/ 3 bath.

As a "well, what if..." scenario, has anyone ever done the commute from the Knox-Henderson area to West Plano (think Tollway and Parker) every morning? How long did it take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 AM

40 posts, read 134,151 times
Bent Tree Oak Apartments (972) 380-2799 4815 Westgrove Dr, Addison, TX

Bent Tree Brook Apartments (972) 931-7413 4820 Westgrove Dr, Addison, TX

My little brother (25yo) lives at one of those. He is single and no roommates though. It is perfect for him. I have visited and they seem nice and quiet. Close to all the fun. If I were a single guy, I would definitely not have a problem there.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
I live near Addison in a complex called Montfort Townhomes, but they're privately owned; you'd have to find one for rent by a private owner as there's no leasing office.

My complex is great, but the one next door (Villas at Montfort) is noisy and kind of ghetto. I happened to be up at 3am this morning and I heard cars driving through that complex playing thumping rap music, which is really freaking annoying.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
You could go from Knox-Henderson over to the Tollway via Fitzhugh across Turtle Creek to where it turns into Wycliff. It's pretty fast but I haven't done it much during traffic. You can also cut through HP and get on at Mockingbird. I don't think I would recommend NW Highway. But if you are in K/H it's so easy to just jump right on Central. I have driven many times from further east in Lakewood to Spring Valley and the Tollway (not getting on it) going Hillcrest through SMU / UP all the way up to Spring Valley and over..that takes 30-45 minutes during traffic.

I guess it would depend on how the tollway is going north in the mornings -- anyone?

Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM

212 posts, read 1,153,945 times
I know that the tollway going north between Spring Valley and Parker is a breeze in the mornings- maybe 20 minutes. Most people on the tollway during that time are going south.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
Mockingbird is shut down in Highland Park right now (and will be for a year or so). The detour is Beverly (yikes). From Knox Henderson I'd go 75 north to NW Hwy west to the toll road to head up to Plano.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM

258 posts, read 1,176,086 times
I live at "The Dorchester" on Noel Rd, we love it here.

The website is richdale dot com.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
That being said, what are the coolest apartment complexes in Addison? We know about Post Addison Circle, is that the nicest one? Anyone have great/terrible stories about that place? We're looking for places with 3 br/ 3 bath.
I lived there and like it a lot. I came from the East and was used to walking and the complex is designed for that. I also liked that it had a pool and some decent restaurants right there. The rents were laughably cheap compared to New York.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,049 times
A great site if you want to know about apartments from ppl who actually live there I would check out Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters I have been using this site since I will be relocating to Dallas TX area in Feb 08 and found this site extremely helpful. I definately had to cross som apt places of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: