Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 02:57 PM

19 posts, read 19,911 times

Advertisements

I'll be starting work in Plano near the end of July, and I'm looking for a new place to call home around that area. I've considered Plano, Addison, Lewisville, and even the north parts of Dallas. I'm moving from Pennsylvania and have never been to Texas; I plan on visiting for the first time at the beginning of March. I'm also going to be looking for a roommate, and I'm not sure how to go about finding one. Are there any good resources for finding roommates in that area? I haven't come across any large Facebook groups or anything of the kind that I can start networking with people, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

I'm particularly interested in Addison and Lewisville, so anything you guys know about those areas would be great. I'd also be open to other areas around Plano that I haven't mentioned, but I want to keep the living expenses at a reasonable level (i.e. not Uptown). As for me, I'm a 22 y/o guy, fresh out of college. My line of work is technology, but I'm also passionate about soccer, drumming, and video games. I'd like to live somewhere that would allow me to pursue all of those hobbies.

Thanks in advance for all of your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 03:25 PM

28 posts, read 40,378 times
Austin Ranch in The Colony.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:43 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,650,215 times
I just love Addison. After my daughter finishes high school, I will probably move there.
Allegro apartments in Adddison circle are nice. Bit pricey but great location. With roomate probably would not be bad.
Make sure to do a criminal background check on any potential room mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: