Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 PM

190 posts, read 288,163 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your reply, mom2gurls. I did look at the Highland plans, but nothing stood out. And highland was costlier compared to darling (even after negotiating the prices). And the Darling plan we liked (7436) has a base price of $551k and when you add in upgrades, media and the lot premium, the price is around $575k. IMO that's costlier by at least $25k.

Re: resale, I'd imagine it'd break even after 5 years or so if the economy continues to boom like the way it has been booming for the past 2 yrs. But if there's a snag along the way, you'd very easily be in negative equity. Of course, all the new builds carry this risk, but it seems a bit higher at this price point.

Also, I'm not 100% sold on the demographics of the neighbourhood. While I don't care one bit about living in an "ethnic enclave" or otherwise, I'm not sure how this would affect the prices 5 years down the line from the resale POV. Of course it can be beneficial too, but no one can know for sure.

Planning to take a look at Liberty Crossing this week. We definitely like KHov plans more than any of the Highland or Darling plans in ~3600 sq ft range.

We're also very interested in the upcoming Park West and the canals at grand park communities. I'm pretty sure they'd be similarly priced. But if we're paying $550k, I'd be much rather be closer to the legacy corridor and the $5B mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:06 PM

I'm also keeping an eye on this one - [mod cut]. The price was recently reduced by $10k. It'd be interesting to see how long it remains available.

Last edited by Acntx; 05-11-2015 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: None permitted real estate website

Old 02-23-2015, 01:31 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
I'm also keeping an eye on this one - [mod cut]. The price was recently reduced by $10k. It'd be interesting to see how long it remains available.
I think this is a good one since it backs up to the green belt. However, it is south facing so for some reason that has been a factor. Don't know for sure.

Last edited by Acntx; 05-11-2015 at 12:38 PM..

Old 02-24-2015, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,404 times
Its also smallest house on the street, with tiny bedrooms & game room

Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM

Well, I think it's a litmus test for the new-ish build resale in the area. Sure, there are plenty of other factors involved there. But most of those shouldn't be a deal breaker in the current market in a community like Lawler Park. Especially in spring. Right? I suppose the per sq ft. is way higher for that house. Probably, mid-low $130s would be more realistic.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:13 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,905,897 times
I think one factor to consider is also lawler is practically in the closeout phase for darling...There are not that many lots left, even toll brothers and khov in richwoods are closed out or in closeout, and the only builder that I believe is left in richwoods is landon, and a couple of lots at Newcastle and some Toll in the "country section"....which is grossly overpriced....even for Toll. I looked at the quick delivery in the country that is listed at 799 ish and I was grossly disappointed. (And I grew up in Toll homes)..maybe it was just the upgraded that they put in on that model.

We looked at a Newcastle home floor plan and I called on it (we are specific to media down)....and they said the lots they have are just too shallow for that floor plan. Darling says they plan on closing out over the summer and they will just keep the office there for wrapping it up. There may be people that don't or cant/wait due to relocations, leases coming up....etc etc etc. Now with the brinkman gated community set to go up in 2016, it will be interested to see if it is just landon, or will landon give a couple of lots to other developers. Interesting to see what the price points will be...layout areas. But I am sure it will also be a very popular and new community.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
There are not that many lots left, even toll brothers and khov in richwoods are closed out or in closeout, and the only builder that I believe is left in richwoods is landon
Looks like KHov and Toll got some lots in the new phase of Richwoods. We didn't like Richwoods at all anyways.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 PM

206 posts, read 334,892 times

Last edited by shrapr; 03-03-2015 at 09:25 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,850 times
we are in same sit. let me know what u end up with

Old 03-08-2015, 09:54 AM

We ended up signing the contract on a spec home in starcreek 65s. It's very early days though! And the house is still about 2 months away from completion. Fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas