Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Just because you think this is something everyone does in secret doesn't make it so. I have NEVER done anything so awful. If you think I lie about this then you are simply wrong.

And BTW, this is the top story on dallasnews.com and given the strong interest in school quality in this forum, I think the topic fits just fine for this forum.
You're probably one of the people who thought it was ok for Muslim proponents of Sharia Law with ties to terrorists to hold a big rally in Garland a few weeks ago.

But these drunk white college kids acting stupid in front of their buddies are the real threat to our country.

Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 07:29 AM

256 posts, read 448,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time for Texas! View Post
I guarantee if we looked at the backgrounds of everyone on this thread, at least half of them have done stuff far worse than what these kids did. Bunch of mouth breathing Pharisees.

The topic at hand is a current event based in Oklahoma. The fact that a couple of the subjects happen to be from the Dallas area bares no correlation to the premise of the Dallas forum. I implore the mods to relocate this thread on that basis.
Really? Get drunk and chant a song about lynching n****? You think half the people have done worse than that? You must have an interesting background. And even if they did, I would expect them to suffer consequences if they got caught. What are you arguing should happen to these kids? They're not going to jail, they're getting expelled.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:42 AM

769 posts, read 782,439 times
Quote:
You're probably one of the people who thought it was ok for Muslim proponents of Sharia Law with ties to terrorists to hold a big rally in Garland a few weeks ago.
You are making ridiculous trollish assumptions.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J800 View Post
A stupid joke?

It definitely wasn't just a "racist" joke. You can tell that chant was a frequent occurrence. It wasn't just a one time thing.

I have no sympathy for them. Saying "we'll never let a n****r in SAE" is not a "joke".

At 19 you're an adult. An inexperienced adult, but still an adult regardless. I just don't look at it as "a dumb thing some 19 year olds said".
Completely agree. I guarantee you this chant has been around for decades. These kids were the unlucky ones that got caught.

And if that was an unofficial "rule" of the fraternity, why is a chant needed? Why do they need to shout it on a bus? Oh that's right, because they are disgusting, hateful human beings.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockDad View Post
The behavior is horrible and he does deserve to be punished, but I do find it sad / pitiful his life is ruined for a stupid chant when he was 19 years old. He would have arguably had a better future if he got drunk and killed a person, or committed a felony, etc. I suspect that there are many people that have told racists jokes or used a racial slur (maybe against me or a family member) in a fit of anger- fortunately for them it did not go viral.
Umm, as someone who has lost a relative to a drunk driver, I completely disagree. These kids aren't going to go to jail or have to endure a trial for their chant, as awful as it was. If you kill someone, you will. The guy who killed my step-brother is in jail for a minimum of 10 years. That's way too short for my taste, but he life IS ruined. He has a felony conviction.

I think these kids will have a rough few years in terms of finishing their education and landing their first "real world" jobs. But I'm guessing all will be forgotten in 5-7 years, especially if they move outside of Texas or Oklahoma.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:

But these drunk white college kids acting stupid in front of their buddies are the real threat to our country.

Got it.
You had me until this. Once you start equating Muslims with terrorism, I'll never take you seriously again. And yes I thought their conference in Garland was just fine and the right used it as a springboard to fear monger.

As for this kid, the best cure is to force the little brat to spend time voulenteering in inner city, impoverished, black neighborhoods. Make him spend time with those he feels superior to. A lot of time.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:

Got it.
Just venturing a guess, but I believe those folks were just exercising their First Amendment rights, you know, just like how the KKK and the Westboro Church are allowed to do so too. Second Amendment is not the only thing in the Bill of Rights. Shocking!

By the way, are you referring to the rally that was called, ""Stand with the Prophet Against Terror & Hate" in Garland in January? I am not a Muslim, but that sure sounds like people protesting against Islamaphobia . . . but that's just me.

Nobody (and I mean nobody) said those kids chanting a racist song was "the real threat to our country." But thank you for providing an excellent example of a straw man argument.

Mick

Old 03-11-2015, 08:16 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:

Got it.
Please don't move to Texas if this is how you feel about Muslims. That conference's purpose was to promote that real Islam isn't religiously or morally aligned with terrorists, ISIS, sharia law , etc. It was a PEACE conference.

Your hate speech/ fear mongering is as bad as the boys on the bus. Clearly, we don't need or want anymore people like you in our state.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:22 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Please don't move to Texas if this is how you feel about Muslims. That conference's purpose was to promote that real Islam isn't religiously or morally aligned with terrorists, ISIS, sharia law , etc. It was a PEACE conference.

Your hate speech/ fear mongering is as bad as the boys on the bus. Clearly, we don't need or want anymore people like you in our state.
The speakers had ties to proponents of Sharia Law and terror. Maybe I'm the one who needs to stay and you're the one who needs to leave.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:26 AM

677 posts, read 653,028 times
Quote:
The speakers had ties to proponents of Sharia Law and terror. Maybe I'm the one who needs to stay and you're the one who needs to leave.
Or, maybe you are just a racist douche just like these kids and (very likely) their parents ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas