Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 07:51 PM

34 posts, read 102,449 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some information on locating a reputable Double/Triple Wide contractor and the best places to buy at least a 2-3 acre lot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 10:45 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,216,982 times
Many manufacturers have bit the dust in the past 5 years(at least in Texsa)...probably the two manufacturers offering the best quality are Karsten Homes and Solitaire Homes. Look for a dealer that sells those homes.....they will no doubt be selling land/home packages and will be able to direct you to areas that are appropriate for placing such a home. Unless the area is on city or community water system and sewer system, your house will have to be placed on a minimum of one acre because it will have to have a septic system. Most areas now are requiring aerobic septic systems, so you need to be knowledgable about them, their cost, installation, and the requirements of maintaining them. It will also be required that you put the home on a permanent (concrete) foundation. A good dealer will have his own installation contractor and will coordinate the delivery, foundation, set-up, skirting, etc. for you. Best wishes to you.......

Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,942 times
Default An Acre of Land?

An Acre of land is required for a septic system? WoW. I've known people with only a 1/4 acre with septic systems. Is this a state or county requirement? I don't know is why I'm asking.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM

152 posts, read 671,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanSheilah View Post
An Acre of land is required for a septic system? WoW. I've known people with only a 1/4 acre with septic systems. Is this a state or county requirement? I don't know is why I'm asking.

I would assume requirements are different depending on where you are. But you have to have room for the system. If you know of people with one on a quarter acre they might have been grandfathered since they already had one before the regulation?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,695,891 times
Keep in mind that modular homes don't hold their value like traditionally built homes do. A traditional house is a much better investment in the long run, even with 2-3% annual appreciation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas