U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,926 times

Advertisements

I am helping my parents relocate from Weatherford, and we are currently looking at any "lakefront" lots around Lake Lewisville, or possibly any new larger lot/acreage developments in the surrounding area. Anything from Frisco to Little Elm to Lakewood Village, etc. All around.

Is anyone aware of new developments going in, or some that still have available inventory? Their hope is to build a custom home.

We've looked at The Tribute, but it isn't really what they are looking for - houses close together, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 10:13 AM

123 posts, read 141,762 times
I live in Lakewood Village and there are a few 1 acre+ lakefront lots here, but they are expensive. There also may be some in Sunrise Bay, just to the north of LV. Some of it is in the Little Elm city limits and some is Denton County, but LV ETJ. There is also a new development up the road called the Gates at Water's Edge:

Home » Gates at Waters Edge

What is their budget? It will have to be substantial for any of these ares if they want waterfront. They are probably looking at 600K-1M for waterfront. If they don't mind being across the street from the waterfront lots, the cost goes down significantly.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,926 times
Yes, we have looked all through Lakewood Village and the surrounding areas and found the same in terms of waterfront lots. I think they have realized that waterfront is out of their budget, for the most part. They are looking to stay under $750K all-in. They would really like being in a "community" and not just a random waterfront lot on an outdated street. It doesn't help that you can't have a boatdock either.

We loved Gates at Waters Edge, but the surrounding area is...interesting. The road to it, and the fact that the entry has a shack on one side, and a 80's house with clotheslines and abandoned toys in the front yard. Maybe once it is built out a little more. We also heard the development itself has passed through a few hands, bankruptcies, etc.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:40 PM

3,475 posts, read 5,645,138 times
There are a couple of 1 acre lot neighborhoods near Lantana off Hickory Hill road. Not lakefront, but very close to Lake Lewisville.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 PM

8 posts, read 19,534 times
You must check out Stonebridge Ranch-Kings Lake community. There are some beautiful water front lots

Old 03-20-2015, 06:07 PM

123 posts, read 141,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylorbear2008 View Post
Yes, we have looked all through Lakewood Village and the surrounding areas and found the same in terms of waterfront lots. I think they have realized that waterfront is out of their budget, for the most part. They are looking to stay under $750K all-in. They would really like being in a "community" and not just a random waterfront lot on an outdated street. It doesn't help that you can't have a boatdock either.

We loved Gates at Waters Edge, but the surrounding area is...interesting. The road to it, and the fact that the entry has a shack on one side, and a 80's house with clotheslines and abandoned toys in the front yard. Maybe once it is built out a little more. We also heard the development itself has passed through a few hands, bankruptcies, etc.
Yep, this area has been going through quite a change over the last few years. I lived in this area back in the early 70's as a kid and it was way out in the country. I moved back here about six years ago and though there was way more development, it was still pretty remote. But with the opening of the Lake Lewisville toll bridge a few years ago and El Dorado being widened through LE, as well as the general sprawl of the metroplex finally getting here, it is starting to get busy. But you still have quite a mix of real estate. High end homes and neighborhoods sit right next to "interesting" properties, as you put it. As it grows I'm sure that real estate will get more valuable and be improved. But it'll take a while.

I don't know much about Waters Edge. It does seem like it's building out slowly, maybe that's why. I will say Lakewood Village is a really nice little town. The current mayor and city council have really taken steps to improve it. This past year, the older section, where I live, was repaved with concrete, replacing the asphalt that perpetually cracks and heaves no matter how often they resurface it. That really changed the look and feel of the neighborhood. And a lot of the older homes are being sold and remodeled. Plus LandPlan, a big development company that has built a number of high end developments around the metroplex, owns 90 acres of land here. They are supposed to start developing it soon.

There is one lakefront home available here in their budget:

735 Carrie Lane, Lakewood Village, TX 75068 - Lakewood Village Real Estate - MLS ID 12000548
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or