Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:55 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mila01 View Post
I see lotsssssssssssssss of Indian families from Rice MS Area moving out to buy home in Richwoods which feeds to Independence. Given the fact that these kids are from Rice,is there a possibility that Independence High can excel may be in 10 yrs? I do understand it's not just a bunch of students.. school curriculum, method of instruction, Semester Exams(Which is SADLY missing totally in Frisco) prepare the students in which the school can take a pride in!
" sadly missing" ? You have to be kidding me? The kids have already enough testing as it is , they don't need to have semester testing , a lot of ISD are going away from them anyway. You have already minor testing , major testing and all the other testing that goes with it , those kids are been tested all the time , all the 9 to 11th grades do take the PSAT every year, not a rule in every district.
You really think that one more testing is going to make any difference ? What is wrong with parents these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 05:01 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I wonder if Frisco's small school approach has been tried anywhere else, and if so, did it succeed in providing a quality education? This school on every corner approach seems crazy to me. While most Frisco schools are too new to have any sort of verifiable track record, It's interesting to note that the oldest of Frisco's high schools, Frisco High, is not considered to be one of the elite schools in Frisco ISD, in fact, it might be nearer the bottom of the pile. Nothing to write home about whatsoever. You would think that the one school with the most exposure to the "Frisco Method" would have better results. Given that there is no ghetto in Frisco to skew results, this doesn't portend well for the rest of the ISD.
Liberty , Centenial ? They are doing very well, thank you!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:01 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
" sadly missing" ? You have to be kidding me? The kids have already enough testing as it is , they don't need to have semester testing , a lot of ISD are going away from them anyway. You have already minor testing , major testing and all the other testing that goes with it , those kids are been tested all the time , all the 9 to 11th grades do take the PSAT every year, not a rule in every district.
You really think that one more testing is going to make any difference ? What is wrong with parents these days?
The same thing that Tom & Jerry and Spongebob are too violent for kids to watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas