Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. As some of you may recall, I lived in Dallas for a few years recently. It's been almost 2 and a half since I've been back and I'll be there this weekend.

I'm looking for the cool (for a dude in his early 30's) newer spots to check out for food and drink. I'll be solo and have a car but would prefer to stay near Uptown, Knox/Henderson, Lower Greenville, Deep Ellum and the like. I am specifically looking for places that have a decent whiskey selection and aren't like "$$$" on the Yelp. I like gastropub type places for reference. Nothing too fancy, but unique to Dallas and newish since I left in 2012.

On my list already for places I loved and want to revisit:
Pecan Lodge
Cane Rosso
Lockhart Smokehouse
Anvil Pub
Angry Dog

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 08:11 PM

179 posts, read 284,694 times
Meddlesome Moth, Strangeways, Rustic, Common Table, Truck Yard, HG Supply Co, Uncle Uber's, Eureka, Hoppdoddy, Grubb.. I can list about 20 more if needed.

Honestly Dallas is a great place for casual dining and local craft beer.

On your list I'd take out the last three and replace them with the Truck Yard (if it's not raining), Meddlesome Moth, and HG Supply. I go to Common Table regularly as its a block from my office, but it's been here for awhile (prev was a clinic).

Old 04-07-2015, 08:17 AM

I went to Meddlesome Moth and Common Table a lot when I lived there. I am going to skip them this trip. And we have a bunch of Eureka's out here. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:48 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,643 times
I would add The Old Monk to the list. Off of Henderson east of 75.

Capital Pub is good also.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:35 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
The Green Door Pub and CBC (Cold Beer Company) in the downtown/farmers market area are new and good.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:06 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
In Deep Ellum -
Monkey King on Main near Hall Home
Luscher's Red Hots on Commerce across from Cane Rosso Luscher's Red Hots - Taste Texas Chicago Style | Deep Ellum, TX

Lower Greenville -
Truck Yard Truck Yard
Blind Butcher The Blind Butcher

Old 04-07-2015, 02:55 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
In Deep Ellum -
Luscher's Red Hots on Commerce across from Cane Rosso Luscher's Red Hots - Taste Texas Chicago Style | Deep Ellum, TX

Lower Greenville -
Truck Yard Truck Yard
The blind Butcher is pretty good. I went on a date about a month ago, and I've been back twice since .

Truck yard is also fun

I need to google Monkey King's hours, every time I try to go it's closed

Old 04-07-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
In Deep Ellum -

Lower Greenville -
Truck Yard Truck Yard
Awesome! Thanks! My friend told me blind butcher was really good and have a good bourbon program. Wish I could eat everywhere but not enough time or room in my stomach!

Who is doing good breakfast tacos/burritos?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:00 PM

974 posts, read 2,184,587 times
Urban Taco on McKinney is pretty good. They have indoor / outdoor dining options.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
I still think the best breakfast taco is the MT at Taco Joint. But that's nothing new. :-)

Yes...Monkey King is open for weekday lunch until 2, I think. But not always open for dinner. Plus they have a seating situation. Not sure if you can sit on the roof anymore or not. Lately I've been getting my lunch to go.

Sounds like Blind Butcher will be a must for you while visiting. They have your drink too.
Proof and Pantry might also have a good whiskey or bourbon selection....in One Arts Plaza.

I also really like Mot Hai Ba....on Lewis off lower Skillman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas