Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:40 PM

3,809 posts, read 8,696,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieplaya View Post
OP said they will probably only live there around 5 yrs, so I doubt they care as much about their future 5yr old going to Plano vs Wylie :-)
Yeah just resale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 PM

71 posts, read 85,791 times
yea resale or possible rentability in the future when we move on is a big deal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Yeah just resale.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:05 PM

177 posts, read 309,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITguy1981 View Post
yea resale or possible rentability in the future when we move on is a big deal..
Still not a big deal then as Murphy has excellent resale with many multiple offer situations on homes over $250k...I would say resale is pretty darn good there!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 PM

190 posts, read 286,404 times
I don't understand why people are suggesting Murphy is a better commute than Allen. The commute from Murphy can be worse if you're near Parker. And I don't see it being drastically different from other parts of Murphy.

As far as resales go, Allen is a pretty safe bet too.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:32 AM

67 posts, read 93,410 times
Why doesn't OP consider Richardson, Plano, or Lake Highlands?

Old 05-20-2015, 06:03 PM

txman,
i did consider plano and richardson but it seems the houses that check our list in these areas are way older and need a lot of renovation.. With a new baby on the way, i am trying to avoid any major renovations.. I never heard of Lake Highlands, what zip code should i look up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman210 View Post
Why doesn't OP consider Richardson, Plano, or Lake Highlands?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 PM

764 posts, read 1,648,668 times
Look at my other posts on Sunnyvale. Unless you are moving here for the schools, which you are not, Sunnyvale might not be a good "investment" location at the time IMO. There are too many developments in the works that in 5 years you will be competing with new homes on larger lots when you are looking to sell. The current new homes are Standard on the postage lots and KH on the 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. There are several 1/2 to 2 acre lots coming in the next 2 years (or more). Those will probably be custom builders (or something like Paul Taylor). On the other hand, the homes will be much more expensive, so maybe an investment in a smaller lot now would be a good thing... But, in the short term, Sunnyvale is nothing like Allen, Murphy, Plano, etc. It's very quirky and when selling your home, you'll have a much smaller list of potential buyers. But then again, those buyers are willing to pay a premium to be in Sunnyvale.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:02 AM

thanks a lot caroll, i'll search for your post on sunnyvale..

Added Richardson to my list.. How does Richardson compare to Allen? Is it more of a neighborhood feel or a suburban feel? How are the schools? I really liked the suburban feel and master planned communities in Allen but this is the first time i am hearing of Richardson..

Thanks for all the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll4628 View Post
Look at my other posts on Sunnyvale. Unless you are moving here for the schools, which you are not, Sunnyvale might not be a good "investment" location at the time IMO. There are too many developments in the works that in 5 years you will be competing with new homes on larger lots when you are looking to sell. The current new homes are Standard on the postage lots and KH on the 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. There are several 1/2 to 2 acre lots coming in the next 2 years (or more). Those will probably be custom builders (or something like Paul Taylor). On the other hand, the homes will be much more expensive, so maybe an investment in a smaller lot now would be a good thing... But, in the short term, Sunnyvale is nothing like Allen, Murphy, Plano, etc. It's very quirky and when selling your home, you'll have a much smaller list of potential buyers. But then again, those buyers are willing to pay a premium to be in Sunnyvale.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:20 PM

419 posts, read 549,103 times
Richardson has a very different feel than the area in Allen you described. Im familiar with some neighborhoods around Breckinridge Park off North Star Road that have newer homes. I personally like the older neighborhoods in east Richardson near Sherrill Park and Foxboro Park. Lots of mature trees, parks, relatively close to shopping and restaurants. The homes are older but many have been updated.

I live in 75013. Love it but wouldn't want to commute to Dallas from there. We commute north otherwise we would be in Plano or the areas in Richardson I described.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:14 PM

thanks a lot Keribeth.. i'll definitely look into richardson a lot more.. some of my wife's co-workers feel the commute isn't too bad.. is the commute from 75013 to Dallas bad off peak hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keribeth818 View Post
Richardson has a very different feel than the area in Allen you described. Im familiar with some neighborhoods around Breckinridge Park off North Star Road that have newer homes. I personally like the older neighborhoods in east Richardson near Sherrill Park and Foxboro Park. Lots of mature trees, parks, relatively close to shopping and restaurants. The homes are older but many have been updated.

I live in 75013. Love it but wouldn't want to commute to Dallas from there. We commute north otherwise we would be in Plano or the areas in Richardson I described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: