Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 AM

216 posts, read 343,821 times

Advertisements

As a Stonewall parent with a kid in the largest grade (3rd-moving into 4th) - I don't notice anything that is bad. They put the kids in portables, which can be a pain, but they are building on to the school to accommodate. Stonewall is an amazing school. I wouldn't worry about overcrowding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,064 times
We attended Stonewall for a year - loved it. Children now attend Lakewood (issue of where we could find a house, not because we did not like Stonewall). Both schools are very good, high achieving public schools, with parents who are mostly professionals (doctors, lawyers, sales, etc) and very involved. Yes, they are crowded. I think Lakewood (vs. M Streets/Wilshire Heights --- Stonewall attendance zone) has more of a small town, community feel. Lakewood is a wonderful place to live -- neighbors are friendly, kids ride bikes and play in the street, etc. I'm not sure where you are moving from -- but Lakewood is fairly idyllic for families. I really don't think you can go wrong moving to LW (coming from someone who relocated to Dallas from out of state about 10 years ago).

Old 07-10-2015, 02:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
In addition to the already-passed "Bridge Plan", which brings new additions and renovations to Stonewall and Lakewood, the proposed bond election for November or May would also benefit Lakewood/East Dallas schools. Popular J. L. Long Middle and Woodrow Wilson High would receive "additional additions" (they each got 40,000 square foot wings in the last few years to accomodate growth). Others would see renovations and new technology updates See: Future Facilities Task Force / Future Facilities Task Force Documentation

Long would get 18 new classrooms and Woodrow 24, plus a competition gym. Despite moving the new and expanded O.M. Roberts Elementary to the Dade/Madison feeder pattern, enrollments and transfers continue to fill the new facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas