Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 05:18 PM

10 posts, read 9,626 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I need specific recommendations for Addison area apts.(job at Legacy in Plano), seems like a good initial compromise to get the lay of the land.

According to yelp and apartmentratings.com every apartment building in Addison is a roach, black mold and crime-infested hellhole with terrible management…and the WORST COMPLEX EVER!!!!

Budget is up to $1500, but obviously less is better. Addison circle would be fine, but somewhere serene and more isolated is just as good. Preference is for smaller complexes, but open. Just want a place relatively quiet(no tissue paper walls) and new-ish fixtures.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 05:35 PM

179 posts, read 283,329 times
I would recommend Allegro or 15777 Quorum in the Circle. I lived at Allegro for about a year in 2011 and thought it was fine. I felt safe and never noticed any cleanliness issues. The top floor is the best as it is not a high-rise (and therefore stick built) and all units have hardwood floors. It is, however, very well built from an energy efficient standpoint as my utility bills were half of what I paid before and after I moved to similar sized units.

You could also look at the apartments in Legacy, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge other than the Post properties seemed a bit dated when I toured them several years ago.

People will always complain about noise in apartments, but that is just the nature of multi-family housing.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmonova View Post
I would recommend Allegro or 15777 Quorum in the Circle. I lived at Allegro for about a year in 2011 and thought it was fine. I felt safe and never noticed any cleanliness issues. The top floor is the best as it is not a high-rise (and therefore stick built) and all units have hardwood floors. It is, however, very well built from an energy efficient standpoint as my utility bills were half of what I paid before and after I moved to similar sized units.

You could also look at the apartments in Legacy, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge other than the Post properties seemed a bit dated when I toured them several years ago.

People will always complain about noise in apartments, but that is just the nature of multi-family housing.
Thank you, will look into those. I can't do Plano, not my thing. Addison is already pushing it for me in terms of culture.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:36 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,440,214 times
We lived at Savoy when it was brand new. Amenities were top notch and the Christmas lights at the park are beautiful. You should be able to find something in your price range now.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:30 PM

459 posts, read 1,740,402 times
I work in Addison. Most of my co-workers mid 20s / early 30s live spread between 15777 Quorum, the Fiori and several moved into the new VV&M complex.

VV&M is extremely convenient to the belt line / Montfort area and you can walk to whole foods and that shopping / bar area (ie yard house, flying saucer, sherlocks)

Old 06-24-2015, 07:01 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,440,214 times
Fiori is the new development with Savoye. I will add that if you choose Savoye and would like quite, live in the tower. We lived there for a year and never heard anyone. Here's a link to the area.

Savoye (guess they added an e):
Savoye Apartments in Addison | UDR Apartments

Fiori:
Fiori on Vitruvian Park Apartments in Addison | UDR Apartments

Old 06-24-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl007 View Post
I work in Addison. Most of my co-workers mid 20s / early 30s live spread between 15777 Quorum, the Fiori and several moved into the new VV&M complex.

VV&M is extremely convenient to the belt line / Montfort area and you can walk to whole foods and that shopping / bar area (ie yard house, flying saucer, sherlocks)
Thanks, I was looking into those, will put them on the final list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: