U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:13 AM

87 posts, read 86,291 times

Advertisements

This is what I hear from my children, Rice is known as the brainiacs central and Renner as the rich kid central, rest are good but commoners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 02:24 PM

190 posts, read 201,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian2 View Post
This is what I hear from my children, Rice is known as the brainiacs central and Renner as the rich kid central, rest are good but commoners.
Yikes!

Old 06-28-2015, 04:18 PM

35 posts, read 33,913 times
i have a young kid and i love the area around russell creek and also the deerfield areas.

which communities do you recommend. I would like to have one which is closer to a park or play area where i can take my lil one.. right now we are focusing only on 75025 zip near mcdermott and coit.

are we missing something.. which communities should we shortlist.. we dont have a timeframe to move. so we can wait if we find the right community..

Old 06-28-2015, 08:48 PM

183 posts, read 131,388 times
Those are the no-brainer top choices. OR, should i say MOST-brainer choices, plus, you dont want to be with the commoners, lol.

Hey, if you and your kids are upto the challenge, then go for it. They are the top school areas for sure. And that is exactly why so many new comers are targeting those areas. They also have many nice park and rec centers very popular in the area.

Just little south of deerfield is also robinson/jasper zone and very nice. Right around archgate park. Same w/ area right below that near spring creek and nice park around Daffron school. But of course the Rice zone is tops for brainiacs.

Just make sure you look at plenty of homes and dont fall for the temptations of overbidding beyond your budget or overvaluing homes on offers.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:45 PM

183 posts, read 131,388 times
My daughters Robinson Honors Band made it to the State Finals level. They placed first in their area level which encompasses northeast dallas metro and much of east texas. Top 2 bands from each of the 7 areas are competing for the state title for best MS band in Texas.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM

35 posts, read 33,913 times
any idea on how you narrow down a neighborhood. do you just drive by or do you walk in that area in some preferred times? does it equate to tresspassing?

any idea on how ridgeview ranch, Plano homes are? is it very family friendly? does it have an indian population like russell creek . we want to be or border of plano frisco without getting too deep into frisco i.e. beyond el dorado..

Old 06-29-2015, 02:41 PM

655 posts, read 761,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasen View Post
any idea on how you narrow down a neighborhood. do you just drive by or do you walk in that area in some preferred times? does it equate to tresspassing?

any idea on how ridgeview ranch, Plano homes are? is it very family friendly? does it have an indian population like russell creek . we want to be or border of plano frisco without getting too deep into frisco i.e. beyond el dorado..
I remember when Ridgeview was built and advertised in the Dallas Morning News, etc. It's not a bad neighborhood, but several sections were built by Centex, which didn't have the best reputation for build quality. They are also on the N. side of McDermott, so the FISD schools aren't as highly regarded as PISD schools South of McDermott.

A lot of the phases in Ridgeview look very cheap IMO & are not aging well, considering the community is less than 15 years old.

Forest Creek North has a more custom feel, higher end homes overall & better resale value being in PISD w/better quality builders.

That being said, I do think Ridgeview is a safe, family-friendly area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or