U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:35 PM

619 posts, read 537,642 times

Advertisements

Ok, so we bought our house last Summer and right across the street lives this couple who has a teenager, probably 17+. He has a big truck (Dodge) which is always parked right across the street from our drive way. Their driveway/garage is on the other side of the house. So, for convenience. he likes to park in front of our home. On weekends, he has friends over for pool party and our street (especially the area in front of our house )is crowded with vehicles, at least 6+ on either side of the street. It's really inconvenient for us to drive in/drive out since the street is wide enough just for 2 vehicles to cross by. We have to be real careful at night time, not to hit the parked vehicles. It's becoming a regular scenario. Even during day time, at least 2 vehicles are parked right across from our drive way.

Yesterday we noticed beer bottles when we were cleaning up our front yard/pulling weeds. I have seen bunch of kids(probably his friends) drinking /smoking while seated on their vehicles parked in the street across from our drive way on a weekend around 1030 PM. I strongly suspect it might be them.

How should I handle this? I know it's public street, so I can't do much about the parking. But littering our private property is a different story. But I have no proof other than see them drink beer in the street (legal?)

Also I don't want to create issues with neighbors since these guys are living here for a while and we are new. My other neighbor had to go knock on their doors at 2 in the morning since their master bed is directed towards the kids pool/backyard and it was way too loud for them to sleep during party.

I hope the kid moves out soon and we don't have to have a conversation or worst case install security cams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 06:41 PM

3,538 posts, read 6,976,934 times
Parking on the street during pool parties can actually be addressed sonce it's a safety issue. I'd get the contact info for representatives for both police and fire. Since you have trouble navigating thru there in a car, an ambulance or fire truck would also. Email that concern to them and ask for suggestions. Chances are they'll respond to that concern.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:43 PM

9,524 posts, read 19,585,364 times
Call the cops. Let them handle it. It's illegal for people under 21 to possess or consume alcohol.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:52 PM

619 posts, read 537,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Call the cops. Let them handle it. It's illegal for people under 21 to possess or consume alcohol.

I am just guessing the age. I don't know them well.
Just looked him up, he is 25 yrs old.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:35 PM

9,524 posts, read 19,585,364 times
Then go at it from the noise angle. Loud parties after 10 PM likely violate a city noise ordinance.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,399,820 times
Drinking in public is illegal as well. Also, if he or his party is being loud, you can still call the police for a disturbance. Let them handle it.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 PM

974 posts, read 1,765,312 times
Chances are that if cops show up for a loud party complaint, it may spook the "kids" to keep it quieter next time. Not to stereotype but in my experience, loud parties with younger people often involve some participants with "contraband". Get cops knocking on the door a few times and the parties usually get quieter or less-popular.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:35 AM

151 posts, read 164,018 times
Roofing nails.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:57 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,021,625 times
Taking a different direction - have you talked to the neighbor and/or his parents? In addition to calling for the noise violation, I would ask them to park their cars so they don't block your driveway. Maybe ask them to park on one side or the street only. They may not be aware that they are blocking everyone in.

(but at age 25, he probably would already be moved out if he was leaving soon)

Good luck!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 AM

15,844 posts, read 18,536,958 times
If you have sprinklers, start watering that area nightly. Maybe even install a timer, or remote...and literally turn them on as they pull in to park.
Noisy party complaints would work as well. His parents live there???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas